I've tried multiple times in Google calendar, and just get a long pause with "Importing calendar from URL..." at the top. Eventually, I get an error message "Settings Error":jbh001 wrote:If you are trying to sync it to the iPhone calendar app, here is how I did it. I assume this would also work on an iPad or iPod Touch.
If the iPhone was able to verify the URL, then you should now be able to open up the calendar app and see whatever events are in your ward calendar.
- On the iPhone, use Safari to navigate to the sync page of the new ward calendar.
- Use the iPhone's copy and paste feature to copy the one of the http//: subscription URLs. I used the one for iCal.
- Click the Home button on the iPhone to exit Safari.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select Add Account...
- Select Other
- Select Add Subscribed Calendar
- Paste the URL into the Server field, then tap Next, then tap Save.
"Failed to import calendar from "http://lds.org...etc."
I tried iPhone/iPad using the above technique: I get the error message, "Unable to verify account information." on iPhone.
Putting in my LDS account username and password doesn't help either.
In Thunderbird, I can subscribe, but simply don't get any entries at all. No error message, though.
This has never worked for me, either before or after the new.lds.org to lds.org shift. I tried from scratch both times, with no results. Pity, because it would be a great feature if reliable.