Can a Stake opt out of new calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

skiptaylor wrote:Is there any real training in place for the new calendar system?
While not always the case, I found that with the new calendar pressing the HELP button in the top-right corner uncovered an extensive set of web pages with lots of information, instruction, and training in multiple languages. Perhaps this is what you were seeking?
skiptaylor wrote:*sigh* Too much change, way too fast.
I can't disagree there! :eek:
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

I'm one of those secretaries who pushes on the leading edge of stuff like this. Our Stake has also not fully adopted the new calendar features and have input items on both the current and "classic" calendars. I finally just re-entered the pertinent "classic" stake data onto our current ward calendar. As the stake migrates to the current calendar I figure I'll just have to delete the then-duplicate entries.

Unfortunately that makes me responsible for monitoring both calendars in case there are changes ...
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

We created a temporary ward calendar called "Stk Calendar" that we have input all the stake events into. Best way we could work around a stake that doesn't use the new but a ward that does. The stake doesn't plan to change until forced to, or some bugs are worked out. I'm not understanding the "bugs", but there it is.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

skiptaylor wrote:*sigh* Too much change, way too fast.
Hey, we can master it!

In a discussion on this very topic, our bishop counselor recently compared these new tools to finding the liahona, and being new, and different, and not really understood, some say "Set it over there with the rest of the gear until we figure it out...Now, which way should we go?"
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kisaac wrote:In a discussion on this very topic, our bishop counselor recently compared these new tools to finding the liahona, and being new, and different, and not really understood, some say "Set it over there with the rest of the gear until we figure it out...Now, which way should we go?"
Well said!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

As a stake clerk I notice every time I log into the new calendar a "wizard" comes up to explain to me how to export my old calendar to the new one. The Executive Secretary accidentally walked through it and we ended up with about 10 stake calendars for just about every category you could think of. I like things simple and I don't think that having more than three or four calendars is much use in our "non-technologically savvy" stake. I love the new technology and pushed the stake to get on the old LUWS when they first came out but I feel like I have been trying to drag people along for over six years now with limited progress. I have to keep it simple or people just won't use it. I sometimes envy those stakes that jump in with both feet and have members that are excited about it too. I guess it is my lot in life to learn patience and strive to be a very good teacher.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

It really would be been nice if each stake (or unit) could specify which calendar the link on the new website would point to. This really has been confusing for people, and since the web site itself gives plenty of reasons to wait, it seems a contradiction to not give an option. And no place to put an announcement either (aside from inside a new calendar).
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Calendar”