Page 9 of 19

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:58 am
by russellhltn
EarloftheWest wrote:However, I'm noticing that with either the liddicot link or the one above, some stake events didn't show up on my google calendar but they are showing up on by buddies iPad.


You may want to look at the calender those events are placed and which ones you are subscribed to. It may be that you are not subscribed to that calendar.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:08 pm
by chrissv
samliddicott wrote:The code as it stands uses the passthru command and so I don't get access to the character count easily. I'll take a look next time I review the script.

As a followup, I too got the "new.lds.org" URL to work, and I am seeing the same problem where a couple times per day it tells me all of my entries are deleted, then minutes later all of them are now new entries. Sounds like something either with Google or with lds.org.

-- Steven

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 am
by samliddicott
chrissv wrote:As a followup, I too got the "new.lds.org" URL to work, and I am seeing the same problem where a couple times per day it tells me all of my entries are deleted, then minutes later all of them are now new entries. Sounds like something either with Google or with lds.org.

-- Steven


it looks like the UID field and the DSTAMP fields of the ical are not constant.
Try downloading your ical - wait a couple of minutes and download it again and compare the two side-by-side.

Note that DSTAMP changes is the current time, and that UID is based on DSTAMP for many (but not all) events. I think UID is DSTAMP based for repeating events.

chrissv, if you can confirm that only the repeat events are added/deleted a couple of times per day, then I will fixup my script at liddicott.com so it replaces the UID that are based on DTSAMP with a UID based on something more fixed, like a hash of DESCRIPTION or DSTART or the calendar ID or a fixed constant.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:29 am
by samliddicott
Chrissv, try https://mail.liddicott.com/ldscalendar-test.php

As all the calendar UID seem to have an element of serial number in them and seem likely to change if a new appointment is inserted near the beginning, this test fix re-generates the UID based on the start time, summary and description, and so should be constant as long as the event doesn't change.

This should stop your problem of events being all deleted and all re-recreated.

BUGS: Two mostly-similar events will have the same UID. Perhaps if a ward diary and stake diary have the same event with same start time and same summary and same description, then they will be given the same UID. If this becomes a problem, I'll add a serial number to be used in the case that a UID would be re-used.

If it works for you, I'll update the normal script to match. As usual, the script shows it's own source.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:50 am
by elvidgeps
Just to say thank you - worked for me.
I use two LDS calendar accounts (mine & my wife's) so we can see Ward & Stake activities as separate calendars in Google calendars. Has worked for a while using direct links (new.lds). These stopped updating some time ago, so I tried switching to lds.org and https (as per other thread) with no success.
Using your link (http://) and my calendar numbers, it worked immediately.
TY
Paul

Worked for Me

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:46 am
by accampbell
I entered the URL with https and the new.LDS.org and the sync to Google calendar is now working for me.

Apparently, Google just doesn't like me

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:25 am
by mjmartindale
I tried all combinations of http/https and www/new, each time letting Google calendar stay on "importing calendar..." until it popped up an error and deleted the calendar. Finally I tried https://mail.liddicott.com/ldscalendar-test.php/<myid> and had no luck there either. So I put the id into the calendar tester manually and it came back ok, with plenty of events listed, but no Google requests. The only conclusion I can come to at this point is that Google just doesn't like me :confused:

me either

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:37 am
by kcushing
That's ok, it doesn't like me either. I keep trying every week though in hopes that something will change. But so for no change. I've tried every combination I can think of too. The tester comes back with plenty of events for me too.

google bots

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 am
by kcushing
On the tester, all the google bots say blocked' => true, but I don't know if that means anything.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:49 am
by chrissv
samliddicott wrote:Chrissv, try https://mail.liddicott.com/ldscalendar-test.php


OK, I added a calendar with this -test URL. I'll monitor it and see if/when the cancellation/new event notifications occur.

Thanks - Steven