Feature request: Calendar "Categories" in ical export

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Aczlan

Feature request: Calendar "Categories" in ical export

Post by Aczlan »

In the old calender, when I exported an ical file to load into Gmail or Outlook, it had categories (ie: Churchwide Event, Stake Event, Ward Event) but the new one doesn't seem to do that.
Would it be possible to make it so that the calender categories are set to the name of the subscribed calender?
For example, all events from the Young Mens calender would be tagged as "Young Men" when importing into Gmail or Outlook. But those items from the Elders Quorum calender would be tagged as "Elders Quorum".

Is this already possible and I am missing it, or is this not possible with the new calender?

Thanks

Aaron Z
allenjblodgett

Post by allenjblodgett »

The reason why this is like that is because of the fact that there are separate calendars for stake & ward calendars, so there isn't a great need to have those. Soon, the Churchwide calendar is supposed to be created.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

AllenBlodgett wrote:The reason why this is like that is because of the fact that there are separate calendars for stake & ward calendars, so there isn't a great need to have those. Soon, the Churchwide calendar is supposed to be created.
Here are the options I have for ward calendar subscriptions:
WardCalendarSubscriptions.jpg
WardCalendarSubscriptions.jpg (10.93 KiB) Viewed 555 times
I would like for each of these to sync to my local calender with the event category set to the name of the calendar the event was posted on (so events from the Young Men calendar would sync to my local calender with the category of "Young Men").
That would make it easier to manage categories of items (ie: to see on my local calender if a purposed YM event will overlap any ward YW events, or stake level YM/YW events)

Aaron Z

Return to “Calendar”