New Calendar Managing Resources Assignment Database Error

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kmertlich

Post by kmertlich »

niederhausern wrote:Looks like that makes two of us getting the same error which leads me to belive it's not local to our site. Anyone else get this error? Anyone from lds.org know what's up?

I have seen this error for at least two months. I have held off from implementing the ability to scheduled resources until it gets resolved. Over the past several months I have experimented with the resources so I am not sure I can determine what the root cause would be. Any help in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
DBerror.jpg
(35.92 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kmertlich wrote:I have seen this error for at least two months. I have held off from implementing the ability to scheduled resources until it gets resolved. Over the past several months I have experimented with the resources so I am not sure I can determine what the root cause would be. Any help in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.
This is the Manage Resource Assignments page, in case anyone is wondering.

Clearly there is some database link from the existing assignments to the resources that is broken. I would suggest the following:
  1. Add a new assignment for a resource, assigned to some ward. See if it works properly.
  2. If a new assignment can't be created without the same problem, then you have major problems and you should contact Local Unit Support for guidance. But I think this is unlikely.
  3. If you can create a new assignment, then the problem is most likely only a problem with existing assignments. So delete the existing assignments, and recreate them.
If new assignments can be created without error, deleting the old and creating new should fix the problem moving forward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kmertlich

Resources are not recognized

Post by kmertlich »

aebrown wrote: Clearly there is some database link from the existing assignments to the resources that is broken. I would suggest the following:
  1. Add a new assignment for a resource, assigned to some ward. See if it works properly.
  2. If a new assignment can't be created without the same problem, then you have major problems and you should contact Local Unit Support for guidance. But I think this is unlikely.
  3. If you can create a new assignment, then the problem is most likely only a problem with existing assignments. So delete the existing assignments, and recreate them.
Continue getting the same error message. See attachement that defines the steps I took to research problem. What should I do next?
Stake Clerk
Attachments
From the Manage Resource Assignment.doc
(145 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
mawhiteley

Post by mawhiteley »

Yes, it is only the new assignments that have database errors. It just dawned on me that our stake removed all the calendars because of problems with the new system. I'm still still playing with it at the ward/building level. But I wonder if that is the problem with the database, even though our building resources are still there.

Humm....
niederhausern

Post by niederhausern »

mawhiteley wrote:Yes, it is only the new assignments that have database errors. It just dawned on me that our stake removed all the calendars because of problems with the new system. I'm still still playing with it at the ward/building level. But I wonder if that is the problem with the database, even though our building resources are still there.

Humm....

So how best do we escalate this to the lds.org folks to take a look at these errors?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

niederhausern wrote:So how best do we escalate this to the lds.org folks to take a look at these errors?
Submit a description of the issue through the feedback link. Use the link on the lds.org home page or the link in the calendar Help. You can direct them to this thread for additional information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mawhiteley

Post by mawhiteley »

niederhausern wrote:So how best do we escalate this to the lds.org folks to take a look at these errors?

My database errors have disappeared in the last couple days. No changes on my end.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

The database error is a result of altering a resource in some way (renaming, deleting etc). If you have a schedule that is displaying the error you will need to delete that schedule and create a new one in its place. With the most recent release of the calendar (1.6.6) we have included better error handling and warnings when changing resources.
mawhiteley

Post by mawhiteley »

mawhiteley wrote:My database errors have disappeared in the last couple days. No changes on my end.

Nope, short lived, they are back. No changes on my end.
mawhiteley

Post by mawhiteley »

kyleq wrote:The database error is a result of altering a resource in some way (renaming, deleting etc). If you have a schedule that is displaying the error you will need to delete that schedule and create a new one in its place. With the most recent release of the calendar (1.6.6) we have included better error handling and warnings when changing resources.

I'm getting these errors without any changes to our building resources. Sometimes if I go back and edit an event a couple days later, the database error will go away. But it is usually present when I first create the event.

Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”