Calendar redrawing every 1-3 seconds in Fire Fox 4.0.1

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dalercool

Calendar redrawing every 1-3 seconds in Fire Fox 4.0.1

Post by dalercool »

Recently when I go to the new calendar in Fire Fox 4.0.1, the screen redraws every 1 to 3 seconds, making it unusable. I did not have this problem before Fire Fox upgraded to 4.0. The text of the tab changes between Home - localUnit and parentUnit Calendar and !Home - localUnit and parentUnit Calendar!. I am both a ward website admin and stake website admin. I cannot switch to later versions of Internet Explorer as I need that to access a particular FTP site which does not work with 7 and higher.

Thanks
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

dalercool wrote:Recently when I go to the new calendar in Fire Fox 4.0.1, the screen redraws every 1 to 3 seconds, making it unusable. I did not have this problem before Fire Fox upgraded to 4.0. The text of the tab changes between Home - localUnit and parentUnit Calendar and !Home - localUnit and parentUnit Calendar!. I am both a ward website admin and stake website admin. I cannot switch to later versions of Internet Explorer as I need that to access a particular FTP site which does not work with 7 and higher.

Thanks

I'm using FF4.0.1 at my home and I have not observed any of the issues you describe.
I would suggest that you clear the cookies and browser history, then restart the browser.
This doesn't help, then perhaps a re-install of the browser (backup your bookmarks first).
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

There are some differences in behavior between Firefox 3.6 and 4.0 when doing a lot of Javascript and related stuff, which the new calendar and directory do. If odd symptoms show up for many users, the developers might need to look into the issue.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

dalercool wrote:Recently when I go to the new calendar in Fire Fox 4.0.1, the screen redraws every 1 to 3 seconds, making it unusable. I did not have this problem before Fire Fox upgraded to 4.0. The text of the tab changes between Home - localUnit and parentUnit Calendar and !Home - localUnit and parentUnit Calendar!. I am both a ward website admin and stake website admin. I cannot switch to later versions of Internet Explorer as I need that to access a particular FTP site which does not work with 7 and higher.

Thanks
Another thing I'd suggest checking are any "AddOns", which you may have installed. Perhaps going through the list and disabling them one-at-a-time to see if any are causing this problem.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
dalercool

Post by dalercool »

I have tried all of the above, and have the same result. I may try unistalling flash next.
Thanks
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

Thanks
I had the same problem for a few weeks with FF 3 but lately it seems to have disappeared so I am not sure what caused it.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I'm a QA Engineer that works on the calendar app. Will you send me an email at kyleq at ldschurch.org? I might be able to help you get this resolved.

Return to “Calendar”