Who does what?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
accampbell

Who does what?

Post by accampbell »

With all of the updates and changes to stake and ward websites and with the inclusion / improvement of so many tools, which members are supposed to manage and maintain which items? There are clerks, ward website administrators, and others with access. I assume the website administrator is responsible for the website, but are they also responsible for directory and map updates, or is the clerk? Also, once the calendar is setup, I understand that everyone is responsible for their own piece, but who is responsible for setting it all up, and who is responsible for monitoring the content? I know that there are some charts that define roles, but I haven't found anything that clearly defines roles for each of these pieces by calling. Is it just up to the bishop for wards and the stake president for stakes?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

accampbell wrote:With all of the updates and changes to stake and ward websites and with the inclusion / improvement of so many tools, which members are supposed to manage and maintain which items?

It's important to understand who can do which tasks. Generally a tool's documentation will explain that. In every case, there are several people who can do each task.

But who is actually is responsible for which task? That is ultimately the bishop's call (or stake president at the stake level). However, the majority of these tasks fall within the ward clerk's realm. I would think that a good ward clerk would be on top of these issues and make a proposal to the bishop that lays out the responsibilities. Someone should be making sure that each task is covered (hopefully with a backup).

In our stake, for example, we've made sure that each ward has a calendar coordinator -- a point person who understands the system, trains users, and makes sure that all the calendar tasks are covered. But bishops have assigned different people to do this: a ward website administrator, a bishopric counselor, a ward clerk, or an executive secretary. Similar decisions are being made for the other responsibilities.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”