Sorry... data not available (error!)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
siteimpressions

Postby siteimpressions » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:25 pm

same error code here. WEEK view worked yesterday - but not today. Logged in as my daughter and it works for her Stake - but only in Week view. Error pops up for Month view. I then started getting email messages as we just had a Stake Training last TUE and now everyone wants to get on to see the new system. Any estimate for a fix?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:08 pm

aebrown wrote:I can indeed reproduce it on month view and week view. It seems that any month that has the right combination of events will have the problem, just like any week with the right combination of events will.

Same here. I can do with with the right pair selection of "Events without Locations" and one of the two buildings that are set up in the system. No other combination will do that.

One of the building calendars has but a single non-repeating event. The "Events" calendar has nothing on that day. So ti's not a date, or display "collision".

Another oddity I've seen: The Stake Center location will double, sometimes triple up the display of some repeating events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

williamsac

Postby williamsac » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:43 pm

I found that un-subscribing from one particular calendar, I have been able to get the calendar to display. In this case the calendar was a stake calendar for general church events, so the calendar would not have any resources scheduled with it.

Before unsubscribing, I had tried unchecking all boxes. That did not fix the problem, the calendar for the last week view of December, or the month view for all of December would not display.

michaelfish

Temporary Solution - Sorry, data is temporarily unavailable...

Postby michaelfish » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:15 pm

I also was having the problem and also found that one of Ward Calendars that was causing the error. When I unsubscribed to the Ward Young Women calendar, everything poplulated.

I'm not sure why subscribing to the Ward YW calendar caused the error message, but like WilliamsAC said, it worked and may help others who are trying any work-a-round until the problem can be resolved.

------Temporary Solution: Unsubscribe to all but one of the Calendars and try adding them one by one.

Thank you WilliamsAC!

mcgregorj

Trying individual Calendars one at a time didn't work for me...

Postby mcgregorj » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Unfortunately, unselecting all locations and all calendars, then trying them individually returns the same error. Even when I have no boxes checked it says the "data is not available." :(

mcgregorj

Postby mcgregorj » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Another thing I noticed, if I try to create a new Event on any calendar, the link to "send email about this event" is no longer there and my iCal sync doesn't see the new event when I create it.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:44 pm

I've noticed that once the error occurs, simply unchecking everything doesn't always clear it up. I have to go to a different month /week and then come back. And in my case, it's not any one calendar but certain combinations that trigger it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

elesel

Postby elesel » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:00 pm

michaelfish wrote: ------Temporary Solution: Unsubscribe to all but one of the Calendars and try adding them one by one.

I see what you mean! I unsubscribed from all calendars, then added them back one by one. I found the culprit this way, but it's not an "optional" calendar for my calling by any stretch of the imagination, so there's no really good workaround here... I need the data! :)

bjcoleman

Postby bjcoleman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Temporary work around is not working for me (if I understood the suggestion).

I have 20+ subscribed calendars available to me. Of which 20 are normally turned on. When the problem first occurred I tried to narrow it down by:
-- Unchecking the first calendar and refresh the page
-- Continue (one by one) until all calendars are unchecked
-- This did not find the culprit. Same error message every time.

-- With no items checked I started adding them back, one at a time. This time, instead of refreshing I would navigate to a "good" week and then try to access a "bad" week.
-- Did not help. Same results.

Maybe I'm in the same boat as RussellHltn - it must be a combination of calendars. If that is the case then I'm done. Way too many options with 20+ calendars to try and figure out which might be the problems.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:06 pm

bjcoleman wrote:Temporary work around is not working for me (if I understood the suggestion).

I don't think you quite understood the suggestion. It was that you uncheck calendars until the problem goes away, then add them back one by one until you find the calendar containing the problem. But if I understand your posts correctly, your problem is so severe that even when all calendars are unchecked, you still have the problem. In that case, there is no point in adding the calendars back one by one, since you already have the problem with no calendars.
bjcoleman wrote:Maybe I'm in the same boat as RussellHltn - it must be a combination of calendars.

I don't understand this statement in light of your other statements. You've said multiple times that having all calendars unchecked causes the problem. So if that is true, then it doesn't matter what combination of calendars you have -- the problem occurs no matter what.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”