Building scheduler limitations with v2

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

aebrown wrote:... I think that building schedulers are requested to schedule events far too often. I know that sentence may seem strange to people who are used to the old way of doing things, but I stand by it.
I agree, it is just going to take some time. The more building schedulers encourage self reliant behavior, the behavior will change! Even if it may be easier to just do it yourself. I struggle with that big time! Within our stake there are varying degrees of buy in and adoption. Some ward leaders take full advantage of it...some don't even want to use email. Some just don't like change and resist anything and everything! It's a process!
amajeske

adding events

Post by amajeske »

aebrown wrote:There is a middle ground that works quite well. All you need is at least one person in the ward who is the main calendar coordinator. Each ward really needs such a person to help decide what calendars are appropriate. So if a ward has challenges with finding auxiliary leaders who are capable of scheduling events, they can still have someone in the ward who schedules events. Such a person can add events to any ward calendars. There is no need for the building scheduler (who might well be in another ward and thus not have good access to the ward's calendars) to be involved in 90+% of the scheduling.

Is there any administrator/calling in the stake that does have access to all the calendars in the stake a some level like the schedulers had previously? being a ward website administrator should give access to your wards.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lediesa wrote:Is there any administrator/calling in the stake that does have access to all the calendars in the stake a some level like the schedulers had previously? being a ward website administrator should give access to your wards.
No, there is no stake position that has access to all the calendars in the stake. Stake administrators only have access to stake calendars and calendars in their home ward.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”