Reservations Not Saved

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
xenoz

Reservations Not Saved

Post by xenoz »

Hello,
I am trying to create reservations on the calendar. I have enabled the building for scheduling, I have permissions at the stake and ward levels and I have assigned it a time zone (-8:00).
I click the add reservation button, and fill out the requested information. I click save, and the reservation calendar reappears with a green banner (reservation has been saved). However, the reservation does not appear on the calendar. I have tried this with multiple browsers (IE,FF,GC,OP) and at a few different times (3 times in the past day). Is there a known issue?

ScreenShot: http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww44 ... apture.png
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

xenoz wrote:I click the add reservation button, and fill out the requested information. I click save, and the reservation calendar reappears with a green banner (reservation has been saved). However, the reservation does not appear on the calendar. I have tried this with multiple browsers (IE,FF,GC,OP) and at a few different times (3 times in the past day). Is there a known issue?

Adding reservations works fine for me on Firefox and Chrome.

When you say "the reservation does not appear on the calendar," are you speaking of the reservation calendar (the calendar display that shows up on the Reservations tab under Settings)?

If you are instead talking about the main calendar, then that is not surprising -- reservations don't appear there (except when location checkboxes are checked in Week View).

If you are talking about the reservation calendar, then I would suggest that you check to make sure that:
  • the date and time you are selecting for your reservation actually appears on the calendar. Note that in Month view you would have to be looking at the month (for the correct year) of the reservation you just made. In Week view it not only has to be in the correct week (for the correct year), but you should make sure that you have scrolled the view so that the appropriate time slot appears.
  • the check box for the specified unit is checked under the "Filter by unit" section. Note that you can add a reservation for a unit, even if you are not displaying that unit's reservations because its checkbox is not checked.
Your screen shot seems to rule out the first option, but the second possibility is still an open question. Since your screen shot shows absolutely no reservations, that leads me to think you might be inadvertently filtering out all reservations.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

You might also look at this post, which contains another theory as to why you might not be seeing a reservation you made.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
xenoz

Post by xenoz »

- I was looking at the reservation calendar, yes.
- The event I booked included the Wednesday on the calendar, and the following Wednesday which both would have appeared on that view
- All my filters were 'on' (all checkboxes checked)
- I tried the 'not seen but reserved' theory too because I had the event booked repeating weekly over 3 months and none of the events showed up in either monthly or weekly view.
- I also tried making the same reservation at least 4 times, which should have failed if it was already booked but did not
- The 'schedule this building' checkmark is on for the location that I am attempting to reserve.

It honestly looks like nothing is being saved. I tried making a different reservation, (2 hours, repeat daily for 3 days) and it appeared. The one that I'm having problems with is:
7:30pm-9pm, Wed
Repeat: Weekly on Wed, till Dec 7

It again says that it's been booked, but does not appear.

Here is a step-by-step image: http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww44/xenozentag/reservation-problems.jpg
xenoz

Post by xenoz »

:bump: This seems to be a big bug. Is there a bugzilla application that I should be reporting this problem to?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

xenoz wrote::bump: This seems to be a big bug. Is there a bugzilla application that I should be reporting this problem to?
No. They are using this forum for bug reporting.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jrstevens

Repeating Reservations not showing up

Post by jrstevens »

I have made numerous reservations blocking out a time period on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings for Ward mutual activities. After I make them, they are not showing on the reservation calendar, as shown if the other entry above. I receive the green bar saying the reservation is successful also.

One item I read in these recent threads also mentioned the ability to have a choice of clicking on, or seeing, the different Locations in the actual Calendar (as was the choice in Ver1). I don't see that choice in my calendar.

FYI: I generally use Safari browser, and I am on OSX Lion.
jaredsilvey

Same Issue

Post by jaredsilvey »

For what is worth I am experiencing the same issue with Safari 5.1.1 on OS X Lion 10.7.2

Any resolution yet?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This may be the same issue reported here. Saving Repeating weekly reservations doesn't work. But it appears you can make a single reservation and then edit it into a weekly repeating.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:This may be the same issue reported here. Saving Repeating weekly reservations doesn't work.

Well, that statement is definitely far too broad. Lots of people can save weekly reservations. I just did it again 2 minutes ago and had no trouble at all. There may be some specific situations where some people cannot save some weekly reservations, but if there is still a problem (I have not seen any problem in this area since V2.0.1 was released), it is not as general as you stated.

Return to “Calendar”