Lost "options" link

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cindichr
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by cindichr »

[quote][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am new at this and just lost what I was trying to reply. I am on the new page to do Reservations and I have one building on twice and was trying to figure out what to do as I only have it on the Manage Locations page once. I choose Help on that new page and it takes me to Manage Locations and Resources under calendar help. I have tried it several times and it is current today. I am not being redirected to the new help system.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15128
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Post by aebrown »

cindichr wrote:Sorry, I am new at this and just lost what I was trying to reply. I am on the new page to do Reservations and I have one building on twice and was trying to figure out what to do as I only have it on the Manage Locations page once. I choose Help on that new page and it takes me to Manage Locations and Resources under calendar help. I have tried it several times and it is current today. I am not being redirected to the new help system.
Thanks for those details -- that explains it perfectly. The Help button in the main Calendar view does indeed take you to the new Help system, but apparently the developers neglected to fix the Help button in the Settings area. It still takes you to the old Help system.

I'll make sure that the developers hear about this.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
User avatar
mfmohlma
Senior Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: Hillsboro, OR

Post by mfmohlma »

aebrown wrote:The Help button in the main Calendar view does indeed take you to the new Help system, but apparently the developers neglected to fix the Help button in the Settings area.
Ah, ha! That's where I saw it. For anyone referencing this thread, the new help files are here. Hopefully the old area can be taken down or redirected soon.
cindichr
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by cindichr »

This is the path I am following. Calendars, Settings, Reservations, Help--which then leads me to the old set of help information which references "Options". I have done this over and over and I am not getting the new set of directions.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15128
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Post by aebrown »

mfmohlma wrote:Ah, ha! That's where I saw it. For anyone referencing this thread, the new help files are here. Hopefully the old area can be taken down or redirected soon.
I did send an email to Tom Johnson this morning about the old help files. I didn't know at that time that the Help button in the Settings area was still linking to the old help file, but Tom is at least aware that the old help system needs to be retired.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cindichr
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by cindichr »

Thanks. I see the new help area now.
zaneclark
Senior Member
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Post by zaneclark »

aebrown wrote:I did send an email to Tom Johnson this morning about the old help files. I didn't know at that time that the Help button in the Settings area was still linking to the old help file, but Tom is at least aware that the old help system needs to be retired.
It still links to the "old" help screens and it confused me for a minute today until I remembered the "new" instructions.
Post Reply

Return to “Calendar”