YSA Stake calendar notifications going to Home stake approvers?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
JohnSutherland

YSA Stake calendar notifications going to Home stake approvers?

Post by JohnSutherland »

I am the stake clerk of a YSA stake. My records reside in my home stake. CDOL knows that I am the stake clerk of the YSA stake. I am a non-resident member in the Classic Ward & Stake website in the YSA stake and one of its wards. Yesterday I created a stake calendar for the Provo Utah YSA 4th Stake.

When I created this calendar, messages were sent to several (many?) members of my home stake. I have included one of those emails below. Why are these messages getting sent to people in my home stake? Shouldn't the approval messages go to the administrators of the YSA stake instead?

Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 2:36 PM
To: <email address for someone in home stake>
Subject: Calendar waiting for approval

A new calendar has been created and is waiting approval.

Calendar name: Provo UT YSA 4th Stake
Calendar description: Provo UT YSA 4th StakeProvo UT YSA 4th Stake
Created by: John Charles Sutherland

System Notification

You received this e-mail because you are an editor, administrator, private viewer, or subscriber of a calendar for your ward or stake. To change your e-mail address, log in to the directory ( http://lds.org/directory), click My Family, and then click Edit Profile. Update the e-mail address next to your name. To unsubscribe from all e-mail notifications, remove the e-mail address listed in your profile. To unsubscribe from system e-mail notifications only, set a rule in your inbox to filter messages from this address into another folder.
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

By the way, the calendar was created for the Provo YSA 4th Stake (that is the button I selected) and as you can see below it is still set for the Provo YSA 4th Stake.
Screen Shot 2011-11-15 at 3.45.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2011-11-15 at 3.45.46 PM.png (27.81 KiB) Viewed 676 times
My question now is who will be able to see this calendar? Will it really be the 4th Stake members or given the approval process that ran through at least 4 people in the Edgemont Stake, will it be visible there? Perhaps it will be visible for both?
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

It should only be visible to members of the 4th stake. We tested this scenario prior to releasing the notifications and were not able to reproduce the problem. Are you able to retest this scenario?
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

kyleq wrote:Are you able to retest this scenario?

I'm reluctant to "retest" because of the negative email generated from members in my home stake when they received the notification emails. I would like some explanation of why I should expect a different result if I retest this scenario.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I understand your reluctance to retest and honestly I don't blame you. With regards to the notifications updates we just released an updated version of the calendar with fixes for notifications included. This particular scenario was tested by two different QA engineers and we were unable to reproduce the problem with the latest version of the calendar. We haven't had any other reports of this problem showing up so far. I think it is safe to expect this feature to work as is should and not notify your home stake/ward of calendar creations for your YSA stake.

Return to “Calendar”