Page 1 of 1

Cannot seem to access directory to upload

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:27 am
by ringowh
Im a ward admin, and the bisjop and ward clerk and I have not been able to get me access to change anything on the directory, except of course, my own info. Can anyone tell me for sure how they can gain me access?

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 pm
by jdcr256
As a website admin you should be able to manage photos for your ward, but you won't be able to edit any household profiles but your own. Website admins are not authorized to edit membership records, so they don't have that ability in the Directory application.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:26 pm
by russellhltn
Changing contact information is a clerk function. You'd have to be called as a clerk and recorded as such in MLS to be able to edit anything other then photos in the profiles.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:01 pm
by jonesrk
ringowh wrote:Im a ward admin, and the bisjop and ward clerk and I have not been able to get me access to change anything on the directory, except of course, my own info. Can anyone tell me for sure how they can gain me access?

When you say you're a ward admin are you referring to the classic site? If you are referring to the new directory, then you will need to have your clerk add you in as a Website Administrator. Currently you don't have that position in CDOL (which is where it is stored at CHQ from MLS).

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:44 am
by ringowh
Sorry if I wasn't too clear. I'm just trying to gain access to add photos, I'm called and set apart but I have no idea what calling mls thinks I have, our clerk has changed things up in there a few times with no success. Ps were talking about the new site.

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:33 am
by jonesrk
ringowh wrote:Sorry if I wasn't too clear. I'm just trying to gain access to add photos, I'm called and set apart but I have no idea what calling mls thinks I have, our clerk has changed things up in there a few times with no success. Ps were talking about the new site.

Currently I don't see any callings for you in CDOL, so you will need to get your clerk to enter you in MLS and send/receive so that it will show in CDOL.

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:53 am
by russellhltn
JonesRK wrote:Currently I don't see any callings for you in CDOL, so you will need to get your clerk to enter you in MLS and send/receive so that it will show in CDOL.


The "classic" system allowed one admin to add another. But the current system requires that you be entered into MLS using a standard calling.

After that's done, it may still take a day or so for everything to sync up and for you to get the rights to the directory.

Ward Administrator

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:14 am
by jimhutchings
I am unable to upload new pictures to the directory. I have been able to in the past, but the system hangs up when I try to upload. It will let me manage the photo's that are there.