Page 1 of 1

Printing Sub-Directories

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 am
by dahlgardner
When I try to print the Bishopric, instead of printing the visual of the Bishopric, it prints the leaders of all of the ward organization. This is also true of trying to print any sub-directory. If I try to print the missionaries in the ward, it prints the leaders of all of the ward organization.

When will this be fixed.

Brother Dahl Gardner, Willows Park 7th Ward, Lehi Utah Jordan River Stake

Re: Printing Sub-Directories

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:06 am
by aebrown
dahlgardner wrote:When I try to print the Bishopric, instead of printing the visual of the Bishopric, it prints the leaders of all of the ward organization. This is also true of trying to print any sub-directory. If I try to print the missionaries in the ward, it prints the leaders of all of the ward organization.

When will this be fixed.
You're asking for an enhancement, not a bug fix. The printing works as designed -- when in the leadership section, the Print button prints out the leaders for all the organizations; it is not intended to print all callings for just one organization.

I could certainly see some value in additional specific print capabilities, but any request for those would have to be prioritized with all the other proposed enhancements.

Re: Printing Sub-Directories

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 pm
by dahlgardner
Thank you for your reply. I think that the enhancement I suggested would be very helpful to members. It allows you to go any group and find their telephone numbers. This feature was in earlier versions of directories. Most of the sub-directories I need are not shown on the overall leadership directory. Perhaps they could be added to the leadership directory and I will suggest that to the ward clerk.

Brother Dahl Gardner

Re: Printing Sub-Directories

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm
by jdlessley
dahlgardner wrote:Most of the sub-directories I need are not shown on the overall leadership directory. Perhaps they could be added to the leadership directory and I will suggest that to the ward clerk.
Your ward clerk has no special connections that you do not have to make this suggestion. The best method to make a suggestion such as this is to use the feedback link found on the LDS.org home page and other LDS.org pages.

Re: Printing Sub-Directories

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:48 pm
by AileneRHerrick
Thank you for raising this issue. Our Young Men's Presidency was just wondering about the same thing. I will try to find that feedback link. I don't see one on the directory page, but maybe I can find it on the home page. I agree that the enhancement would be very useful.

Re: Printing Sub-Directories

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:12 pm
by BreanneSzilagyi
Hello! Related to this topic... When the directory of ward leaders prints to pdf it isn't showing all of the leaders listed in each organization. Specifically, there are YW advisors and class presidency members who are listed as YW leaders but the printout only shows the first four callings (presumably to show the presidency and secretary) but our secretary isn't listed so it shows the first four callings that are displayed in the YW sub-group. Can this be tied to only show presidency/secretary callings OR to show all the individuals listed in the leadership directory? Thank you for any replies

Re: Printing Sub-Directories

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm
by jdlessley
BreanneWylie wrote:When the directory of ward leaders prints to pdf it isn't showing all of the leaders listed in each organization.
Specifically, there are YW advisors and class presidency members who are listed as YW leaders but the printout only shows the first four callings (presumably to show the presidency and secretary) but our secretary isn't listed so it shows the first four callings that are displayed in the YW sub-group.
When printing the leaders for the ward, the print function appears to be coded to print the first four leaders as you have noticed. That typically is the president, two counselors, and secretary. When one of those positions is not filled the first leadership position available alphabetically by position and then alphabetically by member last name is included.

This may not be a satisfactory default for those situations where one or more of the four presidency positions are not filled. As noted in the response post to the OP this is not considered a bug but is intended.
BreanneWylie wrote:Can this be tied to only show presidency/secretary callings OR to show all the individuals listed in the leadership directory?
This would be an enhancement request. Such requests should be submitted using the feedback link found on the LDS.org home page. If the development team has taken note of this thread, or if there is an enhancement similar to your request passed to the team from an LDS.org feedback submission and placed on the list for a future release, then we have not had feedback on the forum about this. If you have not done so, I recommend submitting a suggestion using the LDS.org feedback link.