Directory 2.5

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Directory 2.5

Post by jeffevannelson »

Directory 2.5

Missionaries Can now see the wards inside their Proselyting Areas.
Fixed some Errors on Missions
Wards Now show All Missionaries That are Assigned to their ward or parent stake.
Fixed issue With Missions and Child units not working Correctly.

We actually released this like a week ago. Apparently I dropped the ball and I thought that I posted here. Thanks everyone for your Feedback
atticusewig

Re: Directory 2.5

Post by atticusewig »

Question: Can the missionaries see the children of the households ?
If so, for just one ward or all wards in their area ?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

atticusewig wrote:Question: Can the missionaries see the children of the households ?
If so, for just one ward or all wards in their area ?
They better not be able to...no reason for it
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JohnShaw wrote:They better not be able to...no reason for it
0-8, I'd agree. But I think they do have an interest in the 9+ that are unbaptized as they're technically converts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
JohnShaw wrote:They better not be able to...no reason for it
0-8, I'd agree. But I think they do have an interest in the 9+ that are unbaptized as they're technically converts.
I understand they'll want to know that information, but there are some drawbacks to obtaining the information directly rather than working through a ward council / ward mission leader. Besides, I'm not sure how you would have a position and a report that would tell them specifically that information, without giving them clerk-type access - and if they are out there giving out data by position.....In the grand scheme of things, I'd prefer to have EQP, HPGL, RS, P, YM/YW able to access and view information they have access to in MLS - rather than for Missionaries to have information that is better coordinated with the members of the ward council.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

*edited*
Missionaries behave exactly as out-of-unit ward members currently. Continued discussion is happening but I dont think this will change anytime soon.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

How exactly do the missionaries get connected to the ward? We have a marvelous companionship serving our ward and this would provide a very handy way for members to contact them, but they don't show up in our ward (unlike the other companionship serving our ward, also marvelous, which does appear).
I contacted the mission office, but they have insisted (twice) they don't control it. Perhaps someone here at LDSTech knows either whom I should contact to correct it (the stake?), or, if it is controlled somehow by the mission office, what I can say to help them.
Thanks,
D.G.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I would be interested in the proper chain of command to fix this as well. The serving missionaries are still incorrect in my ward. I have had the mission office contacted, but no response. Our stake seems to have the missionaries serving in it correct, but they are not assigned to the correct ward, so you have to hunt the missionaries down among the various wards and know for sure what the correct names of the missionaries are to find them.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

jhowell2000 wrote:I would be interested in the proper chain of command to fix this as well. The serving missionaries are still incorrect in my ward. I have had the mission office contacted, but no response. Our stake seems to have the missionaries serving in it correct, but they are not assigned to the correct ward, so you have to hunt the missionaries down among the various wards and know for sure what the correct names of the missionaries are to find them.

Ya if the wrong missionaries show up I am guessing one of 2 things. Either the mission office has the wrong wards assigned to a area or they have the wrong missionaries assigned to a area.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

GrasseDD wrote:How exactly do the missionaries get connected to the ward?
Since missionary transfers are made by the mission president, I have to assume someone in the mission office would update something that would cause the location of the missionaries to be shown in the local units. Perhaps the person doing that does not understand how the mission software works, or the companionships are not set up to correspond with the correct wards.

Or perhaps because so many new missionaries have shown up in most missions they are behind the power curve trying to keep track of all the assignments.

I would suppose it is something similar to what a ward clerk goes through trying to keep the ward organization updated in MLS.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”