Can't assign new photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mevans

Re: Can't assign new photos

Post by mevans »

Hilohi wrote:Any word on a fix for this problem? This post was started four months ago and this problem has still not been resolved. Furthermore, the contact person for this problem has been unresponsive. Pretty frustrating.
Who are you referring to as "the contact person"? In an earlier post, jeffevannelson invited contact for people still having the problem. Is that who you were trying to contact? Or were you going through Feedback? Or some other method? My primary interaction has been with an anonymous person or people through Feedback. I did speak with one of the programmers back in June and he said I was likely corresponding with his boss through the Feedback thread.

I do hope it gets fixed soon. I've been using one of the workarounds suggested in this thread. It's more time consuming, but works. It's probably been about 3 weeks since I've tried uploading any photos.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I tried uploading a photo this morning and assigning it and it worked. I don't know if it's a fluke (as I've been able to occasionally make it work since this problem started), or if it's been fixed. I'm working on a bunch of photos I shot recently to eventually upload, so I'm really hoping the upload/assign process works.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've now had the opportunity to upload several photos, including a batch of 30 photos today. I did not experience any errors; however, the performance when assigning photos isn't very acceptable (although I guess it's more acceptable than the failures we experienced for several months). I found that once I press the "Save" button (or whatever it's called), the each photo took anywhere between 14 and 72 seconds to complete the process. I don't understand why it would take so long, but when you're doing 30 photos, it becomes very noticeable.

But on the positive side, yes, it's working.
WWS36

Post by WWS36 »

So this can't assign problem just hit here in North Ogden yesterday. Things were working recently. Can't we get a fix for this? What are the programmers saying? The whole system was a mess yesterday, including rejecting the sign-in. Must have got hacked? or the Gremlins got us???
WWS36

Post by WWS36 »

Oops it just worked now. Gremlins on the loose??? This is scary. No one seems to know who, what, when, how this photos system works, but it does . . . . sometimes! :roll:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A number of problems will fix themselves once everyone at CHQ returns to work and the IT folks do a status check on the servers and resolve any problems they see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

I just tried to assign a photo and I was still unable to. This problem was initially reported six months ago and it's still not fixed. What kind of IT department takes six months to fix what appears to be a pretty simple problem? So far, I've essentially received the following responses: (1) the person that was initially going to fix this problem might no longer work for the Church, (2) the person that was going to fix the problem might have gone on vacation, (3) the person(s) who is going to fix this problem is on Christmas break. Why is it so hard to find someone that can fix this problem? I apologize for my disparaging tone, but this is frustrating.
jenniferkoplin

Post by jenniferkoplin »

I have this same problem. I took a couple of screen shots as I haven't seen the exact same problem that I'm having. I'm attaching them, but incase that doesn't work, I'm describing them here. After I upload 2 photos it now says I have 2 unassigned photos. I click the "assign" under the photo. A big white blank box appears with the words "Photo Approval Guidelines" at the top with refresh buttons on either side. At the bottom of the screen there are two circle buttons and a larger box with "Search Individuals" written inside. There is also a larger blue button underneath the search individuals box. So I type in a name and nothing. The "Photo Upload Guidelines" works and takes me to the Policy and Principles, etc page. The 2 refresh buttons do nothing. I try typing in the name of the individual and hit return - nothing happens. I try click the larger blue button - nothing happens. Furthermore, I have to back out completely to the lds.org home page because the big white box won't go away. I'm frustrated, because this is my calling and it used to work great, now I can't assign photos and I'm trying to explain this to the Bishop and he shouldn't have to worry about this. I feel like I'm making up excuses. PLEASE HELP!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 7.53.14 PM.png
Assign Photo Page
(173.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 7.53.26 PM.png
Big White Box
(62.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jenniferkoplin wrote:I have this same problem. I took a couple of screen shots as I haven't seen the exact same problem that I'm having. I'm attaching them, but incase that doesn't work, I'm describing them here. After I upload 2 photos it now says I have 2 unassigned photos. I click the "assign" under the photo. A big white blank box appears with the words "Photo Approval Guidelines" at the top with refresh buttons on either side. At the bottom of the screen there are two circle buttons and a larger box with "Search Individuals" written inside. There is also a larger blue button underneath the search individuals box. So I type in a name and nothing. The "Photo Upload Guidelines" works and takes me to the Policy and Principles, etc page. The 2 refresh buttons do nothing. I try typing in the name of the individual and hit return - nothing happens. I try click the larger blue button - nothing happens. Furthermore, I have to back out completely to the lds.org home page because the big white box won't go away. I'm frustrated, because this is my calling and it used to work great, now I can't assign photos and I'm trying to explain this to the Bishop and he shouldn't have to worry about this. I feel like I'm making up excuses. PLEASE HELP!
What web browser are you using? Have you tried in a different browser, or on a different computer?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jenniferkoplin

Post by jenniferkoplin »

I'm on a Mac using Safari.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”