ward directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
abdj

ward directory

Post by abdj »

some reason I can not print out the ward directory at all. But last time I can print out. Its say is Sorry, We're Having Trouble
We're sorry, our system is experiencing a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
mevans

Re: ward directory

Post by mevans »

There are known issues about ward directory printing. Please see some other posts in this forum regarding printing. The church is working to improve it. We don't know when it will be improved.
joshcrowton

Post by joshcrowton »

A member can not access the ward directory. Is that something as a ward clerk I can help with?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

joshcrowton wrote:A member can not access the ward directory. Is that something as a ward clerk I can help with?
First, I would make sure their membership record is in the ward. Second, I would make sure they are logged in with their church account and that their CORRECT membership number is linked to their church account. If members use a hand-written source (such as a temple recommend) there could be errors by the person filling out the form. These are things the ward clerk can definitely help them check (and provide the correct membership number if needed).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joshcrowton wrote:A member can not access the ward directory. Is that something as a ward clerk I can help with?

Ask the member to sit with you and log into their account. Check that the MRN on their account matches the MRN you have on their membership records.

Possible issues include that they don't have a MRN on their account, there is a duplicate membership record, they don't know how to access the directory, or their phone is too old to run Membership Tools (won't sync).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
twstrang

Post by twstrang »

The ward directory as accessed on my laptop is not as up-to-date as the one on my mobile phone. The phone gives me a link to sync to the latest updates. Where do I find a link to sync my laptop? Running Windows 10.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

twstrang wrote:The ward directory as accessed on my laptop is not as up-to-date as the one on my mobile phone. The phone gives me a link to sync to the latest updates. Where do I find a link to sync my laptop? Running Windows 10.
How are you accessing it? The website should be the most up-to-date.

If you're using LDS Tools for Windows, it's most likely that support for that has been dropped. The church withdrew the app quite some time ago.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robertarne

Post by robertarne »

I have also been finding it impossible to access the Ward directory and map from my home PC. The message says "we're having trouble, please refresh and try again and no information is displayed. It has been like this for months now on my computer and other members. Already tried other browsers, computers and operating systems. I have started printing hard-copies off MLS. Using a cell phone app is not an option. How do I make this work?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”