Beta Directory Issues

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jamiecking76
Location: North Augusta, SC, United States (North Augusta Ward)

Post by jamiecking76 »

Alan_Brown wrote:They already appear there. Just go to beta.lds.org, sign in, and go to Tools > Directory. When you look at a household, you'll see all the household members with their individual phone numbers and email addresses. Of course someone has to have entered that data. Also note that each member can choose to hide that information from view by other stake members (in some parts of the world the default is to hide it, and members have to opt in to show data, but in the US the default is to show).

Another cool feature is that members can update their own individual and household phone/email and that information will flow back to MLS. So I think that covers what you were asking for -- it is already implemented. Give it a try!

I thought so. Thank you. I just had to make sure.
jamiecking76
Location: North Augusta, SC, United States (North Augusta Ward)

Post by jamiecking76 »

Alan_Brown wrote:They already appear there. Just go to beta.lds.org, sign in, and go to Tools > Directory. When you look at a household, you'll see all the household members with their individual phone numbers and email addresses. Of course someone has to have entered that data. Also note that each member can choose to hide that information from view by other stake members (in some parts of the world the default is to hide it, and members have to opt in to show data, but in the US the default is to show).

Do you know when the beta version is set to be released to the public? I mean as it that will be the new website until it needs to be revamped again?

Thanks,
Jamie
zaneclark

Answer to question...

Post by zaneclark »

I recently posted a question to "feedback" regarding the beta directory... Here is the quesiton and the response:
You submitted a Question on July 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM:

"Any idea when the beta directory will be up? I had just started making progress in getting the wards in the stake excited about using it when it went offline several days ago. I know it is still in beta but it had been working well for a long time.

The LDS Church responded on July 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM as follows:

Sorry for the inconvenience Zane. We have worked out the issues and will be releasing an update to the directory very soon."

Is there any word in the English language with more definitions than the word "soon?" Does the word "very" qualify it enough to give me hope?]:confused:

Please don't take this as criticism.... These tech guys have put together a terrific new program.... I just want to be able to get back to it...
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Have you tried today? Something must have changed because I can see the photos again.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Is there anyone still having problems with the directory? If so, I'd love to get some feedback. Specifically, you could let me know the following:
  • Detailed steps of what you are doing and what you are seeing.
  • What country, ward/branch, and stake/district you are in.
  • What your calling is.
  • If you know how to use firebug in firefox, what you see in the console tab would be very helpful.
Feel free to PM me with this info. Hopefully it's working for everyone, but if not, let me know.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

I'm still having the spinning loading icon. I'm in Utah, BYU 202nd ward of the 7th Stake as their STS & Assistant Stake Clerk.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

starkjs wrote:I'm still having the spinning loading icon. I'm in Utah, BYU 202nd ward of the 7th Stake as their STS & Assistant Stake Clerk.

Calling: Stake and Ward Web Administrator and Membership Clerk

Problem: Login ok, but the spinning wheel is all I get when trying to bring up the directory for the last 2-3 weeks.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Working fine from Bellevue, NE.
JLR
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

I cannot find a way to search a specific magazine. For example can I search the Friend for articles on Faith?
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

tsheffield wrote:I cannot find a way to search a specific magazine. For example can I search the Friend for articles on Faith?
Did you mean to post this here? Doesn't sound like much of a beta directory issue to me. And it's hard to make any meaningful reply without the context in which your question was intended.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”