Page 1 of 2

new.lds.org directory content errors, how to fix?

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:33 am
by bgraabek
First, I really appreciate the new resources available on new.lds.org!

Unfortunately our stake has a lot of incorrect content, and I have no idea how I might be able to correct it.

The High Council for example has 21 listed members, 4 of them are listed more than once. There are other Stake organisations that have old presidency members listed as well. The information held in MLS is definitely correct so it wouldn't seem to be an option to change it there, and if it is, how would I go about it?

Bjorn Graabek, Stake Clerk and Stake Technology Specialist

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 am
by jonesrk
bgraabek wrote: The High Council for example has 21 listed members, 4 of them are listed more than once. There are other Stake organisations that have old presidency members listed as well. The information held in MLS is definitely correct so it wouldn't seem to be an option to change it there, and if it is, how would I go about it?

That data comes from CDOL, and there was a bug in MLS earlier that has caused the problem. They are working on a version of the online MLS (the leader & clerk section of new.lds.org) that will allow clerks to fix it.

For now the best way to get it cleaned up is to send feedback via CDOL of which positions should be deleted.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:48 am
by bgraabek
Should I submit the changes via the built-in "feedback" option in CDOL? I just tried using the feedback option and it seems to be mostly for submitting feedback about the application rather than the data?

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:43 am
by aebrown
bgraabek wrote:Should I submit the changes via the built-in "feedback" option in CDOL? I just tried using the feedback option and it seems to be mostly for submitting feedback about the application rather than the data?
Yes, the Feedback option in CDOL is the right place to submit these changes. If you look under "Other Comment", for example, one of the options for "My comment is regarding" is "Information Updates or Corrections".

Feedback option on new Leader web page

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:47 am
by pete_arnett-p40
Feedback option

One of the Bishops has reported that there is no Feedback option
on the new.lds.org/leader web page

Note: Can not verify if the Feedback option or other reply methods are available, because Stake Technology Specialist are waiting for access to the new Leader web pages. A bug report was open into JIRA (23Sep2010) by Ryan Jones, CDOL Developer

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 am
by jonesrk
pete_arnett wrote:Feedback option

One of the Bishops has reported that there is no Feedback option
on the new.lds.org/leader web page
The feedback is down in the footer in the right column. Most of the applications in new.lds.org share a common footer, so you can see it in new.lds.org.
pete_arnett wrote: Note: Can not verify if the Feedback option or other reply methods are available, because Stake Technology Specialist are waiting for access to the new Leader web pages. A bug report was open into JIRA (23Sep2010) by Ryan Jones, CDOL Developer
The JIRA I submitted was regarding District Technology Specialist's not having admin rights to the calendar app.

But on the positive side, they have been working on adding assistant clerks to the leaders application.

Stake Technology Specialist Access

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:54 pm
by pete_arnett-p40
ryan jones wrote: The JIRA I submitted was regarding District Technology Specialist's not having admin rights to the calendar app.
.
What about Stake Technology Specialist's because we do not access to the new.lds.org/leader

Also, Ryan Jones - thanks for the prompt responses

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:52 pm
by aebrown
pete_arnett wrote:What about Stake Technology Specialist's because we do not access to the new.lds.org/leader
As Ryan Jones mentioned:
ryan jones wrote:But on the positive side, they have been working on adding assistant clerks to the leaders application.
So since stake technology specialists are assistant stake clerks, this is in the works.

Leader: Ordering paperwork and Key Indicators

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:06 am
by pete_arnett-p40
Feedback from a priesthood leader

" I reviewed the new website and it's great. Endless possibilities.
I accidentally ordered paperwork for a disciplinary council that was never held because I didn't realize what program I was in or that by clicking the icon I was actually ordering paperwork. That could be an issue... I think it works best to have a fail-safe button so you don't buy/order something you don't actually want or need." ..

"... For current recommend holders the trend line is too low to start with and then plunges (for the quarter we're currently in... it would be better if the trend line froze in place). I like seeing the trend line but it is frustrating not to be reading correctly or for the information to be inaccurate..."

Mission Office and new.lds.org/Leader

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:42 am
by pete_arnett-p40
Question

Will members in the Mission Office be able to see the Stake's information that are within their mission?

Can they be setup in each of the stake's nre.lds.org/leader site as a out of unit member?