Directory Access for out of unit members

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jeremya

Directory Access for out of unit members

Post by jeremya »

I'm the clerk in a YSA ward. Our new bishopric would like to access the new directory on lds.org, but since they are not members of the ward, I don't believe they will be able to see it.

With the old website, I used to be able to ask the stake to add them as temporary members, which would grant them access to the website. Once the stake added them, I could also add them to the leadership page.

Now they should show up in the new lds.org directory as members of the bishopric as soon as I've created their temporary records in MLS and assigned them to their callings, but is there a mechanism to grant them access to the directory and calendar?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeremya wrote:Now they should show up in the new lds.org directory as members of the bishopric as soon as I've created their temporary records in MLS and assigned them to their callings, but is there a mechanism to grant them access to the directory and calendar?
There is no separate mechanism -- they should have access once their out-of-unit membership record has been created and transmitted. Special access related to their calling has a longer delay (a couple additional days, typically). But it appears this isn't all working quite right at this point -- see the thread Nonresident Members.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”