Leader telephone number

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
preston.baxter

Leader telephone number

Post by preston.baxter »

Anyone else seeing this ... when a household and personal telephone numbers are both part of a household listing, the HOUSEHOLD telephone number is used in the "Ward Leaders and Organizations" lists. Apparently if there is no HOUSEHOLD number, then the PERSONAL number is listed.

Shouldn't this be reversed, such that if someone enters a PERSONAL number it should be used in leadership listings instead of a household number?

Preston
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

preston.baxter wrote:Anyone else seeing this ... when a household and personal telephone numbers are both part of a household listing, the HOUSEHOLD telephone number is used in the "Ward Leaders and Organizations" lists. Apparently if there is no HOUSEHOLD number, then the PERSONAL number is listed.

Shouldn't this be reversed, such that if someone enters a PERSONAL number it should be used in leadership listings instead of a household number?

Just to be clear, we're talking about the new Directory on http://lds.org/directory.

I think this particular aspect of the Directory is even more messed up than you describe. In my testing, the following is true:
  • If there is no individual number for the person, then no number is displayed -- not even the household number if it exists.
  • If an individual number exists for the person, then the household number is displayed.
  • When you click on the person's name, if an individual number exists for the person, then the individual number displayed in the popup is actually the household number, and the household number is also displayed (correctly).
I'm pretty sure this worked properly at one point (meaning that the individual number was displayed if it exists, but otherwise the household number was displayed), but it is definitely broken now. I have reported it via Submit Feedback on lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Yes, I'm talking about the "current" directory application. I submitted feedback as well, but only for the particular issue I was seeing.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”