Site is not allowing me to change an incorrect email posted for us

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
DaphneKessinger

Site is not allowing me to change an incorrect email posted for us

Post by DaphneKessinger »

Strange that the site is not allowing me to change as simple a thing as an incorrect email posted for us in the Ward Directory. The pop-up says WRONG FORMAT for email...but it's been our only email many years & works. It is ldkess@sbcglobal.net
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

daphnekessinger wrote:Strange that the site is not allowing me to change as simple a thing as an incorrect email posted for us in the Ward Directory. The pop-up says WRONG FORMAT for email...but it's been our only email many years & works. It is ldkess@sbcglobal.net
Is it possible that you are accidentally including a leading or trailing space? Such characters are not allowed. Especially if you are copying and pasting a value into the email address field, it can be possible to inadvertently include a space at the beginning or end.

I tried your exact email address, and the system accepted it just fine, except when I added an extra space before or after it. So there's no problem with the email address you are using itself. There must be something about the way you are entering it (or some other odd problem).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

@aebrown: Why not remove any leading and trailing spaces from what's input? Would make life easier for all it would seem.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

skiptaylor wrote:@aebrown: Why not remove any leading and trailing spaces from what's input? Would make life easier for all it would seem.
Great idea. But I have no control over how that application works, so I was just suggesting an idea that might help someone with the way it works now.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”