Leader tracking for Duty to God program?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mhavran wrote:Is there a plan to make the Duty to God program tracking have the same functionality as the Personal Progress tracking?

I moved your post into the thread where this topic has been discussed. Review this thread and you'll see that you're not alone in your hopes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lehrschallbrian

Duty to God

Post by lehrschallbrian »

I know that the boys can keep track of their duty to god online. Is there a way for leaders to view their progress online? If so, who has that access?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Duty to God

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved your post into the topic where this issue is being discussed.]

No, such access is not currently available. Read this whole topic, but particularly Post #2.
lehrschallbrian

Re: Leader tracking for Duty to God program?

Post by lehrschallbrian »

Why has this not been done for the YM since its been done for YW?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lehrschallbrian wrote:Why has this not been done for the YM since its been done for YW?
The best answer that we have for that question is back in Post #2. The response from the Church employee was "We are looking at ways to get approval to do leader tracking for Duty to God, but ... we're working on it." That "..." does not indicate that words were left out, but rather that there was a pause as the speaker tried to find the right words to say.

It seems clear to me that since they are trying "to get approval," those in authority for this area have not at this point granted approval. Any of us could speculate the reasons, but it would only be a wild guess. The simple answer is that we have not been given any reasons why such a project has not been approved at this point.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:It seems clear to me that since they are trying "to get approval," those in authority for this area have not at this point granted approval. Any of us could speculate the reasons, but it would only be a wild guess. The simple answer is that we have not been given any reasons why such a project has not been approved at this point.
It comes back to "we're not the customer" - the Priesthood Dept is.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I wrote a letter asking for just this:

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Priesthood Department/Young Men
20th Floor
50 East North Temple Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84150.
aaronengineer

Post by aaronengineer »

In the meantime, our ward has been using etrailtoeagle.com for D2G tracking.
jfarrer

Post by jfarrer »

I would love to have the ability to track D2G also, but in the mean time I have just developed a progress chart with all the youth by quorum and advisers names on the left and the seven D2G sections across the top. As they complete a section they get a smiley face and as everyone in the quorum completes a section, there is a reward of some kind like a pizza party. It has helped encourage friendly competition among the quorums and gives them a visual reminder.
JohnWeymouth

Post by JohnWeymouth »

My ward is doing a summer challenge for the boys related to Duty To God. We need a way to track the boys progress. This is super easy to do since they already have the online data entry in production and they already have equivalent progress tracking technology available to the YW that they could borrow. I can't imagine what the holdup would be unless the brethren are about to make significant changes to the Duty To God program (which may have been a possibility recently because of the recent Scouting decisions).

Regardless, we REALLY need this reporting tool as YM leadership and as parents. PLEASE make it happen!!!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”