Patriarchal Blessing recommend submission

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dannykos

Patriarchal Blessing recommend submission

Post by dannykos »

So in Bishopric training meeting we were presented with the new online submission system for Patriarchal Blessings.

Trouble is that the only way I can access it is through a link on an email from the Stake President - there doesn't seem to be a link to it in the tools menu anywhere I can see?

This is the link I have: https://apps.lds.org/pbsubmit/sp/landing.jsf
Biggles

Re: Patriarchal Blessing recommend submission

Post by Biggles »

Using your link, I found the following in the Introduction on the opening page: -

The Church has made available an electronic Patriarchal Blessing Submission System that allows stake presidents, bishops, and patriarchs to use a secure website to work together throughout the patriarchal blessing process. By using this system

So it would appear that this is aimed purely at the above! Less work, in theory, for us Clerks. :rolleyes:

Spoke too soon, it would appear that the Bishop can give permission for his Counselors, Ward Clerk etc.. to prepare and submit Recommend interviews!
Glendon

Post by Glendon »

Where do you see mention that bishops can authorize others to access pbsubmit?
Thx
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Glendon wrote:Where do you see mention that bishops can authorize others to access pbsubmit?
Thx
When you log into the application, it takes you to the introduction page. Clicking on the Bishop section, at the bottom there are featured two downloadable forms. Instructions for Bishops contains those instructions!

It might depend on your calling/s, if you can get that far!
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Bumping...

The original post has been ignored. :)

It would be really nice if there were a link somewhere in my leadership menu. Instead, I have the link bookmarked on my home computer, my office computer, and the clerks computer because I can't remember the url...
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Maybe we could get this into the current beta?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

When will this system be available church wide? I'm a bishop and it won't let me log in. A message indicates that use of this system is by invitation only. Rats!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:It would be really nice if there were a link somewhere in my leadership menu. Instead, I have the link bookmarked on my home computer, my office computer, and the clerks computer because I can't remember the url...
In my experience, most features are not made available on the Tools menu or Leader Resources menus until they are widely available (the one exception I can recall is the FIR system, which did appear on Tools during the pilot phase). Since the PB system has not yet been released to the whole Church, I'm not surprised that it has no link except the one provided to the specific stakes that have been invited to use it at this point.

That said, it does seem to be rolling out very slowly; I'd love to see it available Church-wide soon.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

If that is the case, then to me, it seems i am only half testing the system. Why not put a link on and it it isn't available to you yet, you get a message saying so.

Sort of: If I am going to test the system, let me test the link as well. As is, it isn't very secure with the url bookmarked everywhere and my sign on being saved in the system.

:)

Not that anyone is clamoring to break into the patriarchal blessing system...
CasperJA

Post by CasperJA »

My stake is not yet enrolled in the online submission program yet but my bishop is in need of a new recommend book. How and where do I go about ordering one of these? I can't find any information anywhere.

Thanks!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”