The website is temporarily down

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
chris_hazeldine

Re: The website is temporarily down

Post by chris_hazeldine »

russellhltn wrote:Australia is a day ahead of the US. (UTC +8, +9.5 or +10, while Utah is -7 or so.)

So, Sunday, 12 Noon mountain time (when GSC opens) is Monday in Australia.
Correct, I am in Australia and it is 3pm Monday. Time in US is 1am Monday. The GSC is not open right now and I have waited up until 11pm Monday night to call in to get something sorted out after missing the close on Saturday which correlates to Noon Perth Australia time before DST started so haven't checked what it is now.

Again, on your Sunday where do you go for GSC support?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chris_hazeldine wrote:I am in Australia and it is 3pm Monday. Time in US is 1am Monday. The GSC is not open right now and I have waited up until 11pm Monday night to call in to get something sorted out after missing the close on Saturday which correlates to Noon Perth Australia time before DST started so haven't checked what it is now.

Again, on your Sunday where do you go for GSC support?
It's been a while since I've called the GSC on a Sunday, but I know I've called them on a Sunday afternoon (I'm in Mountain time) and gotten through. According to the RKATS article IT Support—Global Service Center, the GSC is open 24/7 except for Saturday 6pm - Sunday noon Mountain time. I haven't tested the edges of that 18-hour closure window, but it feels accurate to me from my experience.

But you just said that you were calling 13 hours after the GSC was supposed to have reopened, and you didn't get through. When you call the GSC from your location, do you know if you are calling the one and only GSC, or are you first calling some Australia service center, which may then route your call to the US? I thought that you would be calling the one and only GSC, but your experience doesn't match mine.
sheldonchoo

Post by sheldonchoo »

Yeah i first noticed it was down Sunday morning, and last I checked a few minutes ago. Clerk resources are completely unavailable, and leader resources, once you try to get into things like action lists, calling lists etc are down.
chris_hazeldine

aebrown wrote:It's been a while since I've called the GSC on a Sunday, but I know I've called them on a Sunday afternoon (I'm in Mountain time) and gotten through. According to the RKATS article IT Support—Global Service Center, the GSC is open 24/7 except for Saturday 6pm - Sunday noon Mountain time. I haven't tested the edges of that 18-hour closure window, but it feels accurate to me from my experience.
Thanks for the link, it must have changed within the last 6 months. I see that Finance is still not covered by the GSC past noon Sunday in Australia - https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... a?lang=eng which I am pretty sure was the same for MLS support as I had to wait until about this time on Monday my time before anyone at the GSC was able to help me when we changed a unit from Branch to Ward.
aebrown wrote:But you just said that you were calling 13 hours after the GSC was supposed to have reopened, and you didn't get through. When you call the GSC from your location, do you know if you are calling the one and only GSC, or are you first calling some Australia service center, which may then route your call to the US? I thought that you would be calling the one and only GSC, but your experience doesn't match mine.
So what do you guys do when you have problems during Sunday? or is it that you don't need anything until tithing starts and the block doesn't finish until noon anyway so if your trying for an early mark then too bad!! :-) Do it right and go to Priesthood :-)
Last edited by chris_hazeldine on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
chris_hazeldine

sheldonchoo wrote:Yeah i first noticed it was down Sunday morning, and last I checked a few minutes ago. Clerk resources are completely unavailable, and leader resources, once you try to get into things like action lists, calling lists etc are down.
Seems to be back up now.
chris_hazeldine

we're down again - what is happening out there this weekend??
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

chris_hazeldine wrote:we're down again - what is happening out there this weekend??
I don't know what's happening, but I hear lots of buzzing behind me. We're aware of it and working on it now.
chris_hazeldine

scgallafent wrote:
chris_hazeldine wrote:we're down again - what is happening out there this weekend??
I don't know what's happening, but I hear lots of buzzing behind me. We're aware of it and working on it now.
I am in again to Callings by Organisation - thanks. Hopefully it stays up now :-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chris_hazeldine wrote:So what do you guys do when you have problems during Sunday?
Suffer. The overriding principle seems to be to avoid employing people to work on their Sunday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
chris_hazeldine wrote:So what do you guys do when you have problems during Sunday?
Suffer. The overriding principle seems to be to avoid employing people to work on their Sunday.
That would be interesting if they had Local Unit Support for the USA in Australia, and vice-versa, so that nobody had to work on Sundays but clerks could still get support! :)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”