Expanded Access to Leader and Clerk Resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mevans

Expanded Access to Leader and Clerk Resources

Post by mevans »

While investigating this post about the Digital Area Book, I made an amazing discovery: Apparently organization presidents now have access to Leader and Clerk Resources. I know this has been in the works, but didn't know it was now available (or for how long it's been available).

My wife is an organization president and she is able to see a lot of ward data now when she logs in. I don't know yet if it's just the president, or the whole presidency. I know many people have been anxiously awaiting this--and it looks like it's here!
mfmohlma

Re: Expanded Access to Leader and Clerk Resources

Post by mfmohlma »

Soft release? If so, very good news.

Code: Select all

<meta name="version" content="2.5.9-9406f1d"/>
(Anybody know what the previous version was?) :)

I've emailed our ward council members to try it and see what comes up.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Yes, this was a soft release for the Primary President role only. Expanded access to auxiliary presidencies will be available in beta soon.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Post by PartridgeRM »

Please do not make a big deal of this now. This was done for our internal testing purposes to validate some assumptions.

We are planning to expand access to ward council members, their presidencies and secretaries. Our first beta group begins on 9 July 2014, with the second group starting a couple of weeks after. Hopefully, if all goes well, it will release globally at the end of August.

We'd be happy to include those who want to participate in the 2nd group or later beta testing. If you're interested, follow the directions found here.

Thanks.
Rick
Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) Product Manager
Last edited by PartridgeRM on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

PartridgeRM wrote:Please do not make a big deal of this now. This was done for our internal testing purposes to validate some assumptions.
Too late for one ward council in Oregon, but I don't think they'll be spreading the message too far. :)

Thank you all for this work. It has already allowed me to spend more time with my family and less at the church building at odd hours on the clerk computer.
Last edited by mfmohlma on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

One question: If we already participated in the Beta last year, do we need to sign up again or are we automatically on the list?
Last edited by mfmohlma on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Post by PartridgeRM »

You are already on the list! Nice job!!!
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

PartridgeRM wrote:Please do not make a big deal of this now. This was done for our internal testing purposes to validate some assumptions.

We are planning to expand access to ward council members, their presidencies and secretaries. Our first beta group begins on 9 July 2014, with the second group starting a couple of weeks after. Hopefully, if all goes well, it will release globally at the end of August.

We'd be happy to include those who want to participate in the 2nd group or later beta testing. If you're interested, follow the directions found here.

Thanks.
Rick
Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) Product Manager
Can you give us an idea of what they will be able to see or do? Will this access extend to the stake leaders and the high council?
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Post by PartridgeRM »

At this time, the Priesthood Executive Council has not approved access for stake quorum and auxiliary leaders.

Here's a screenshot of the updated Access Table that provides an individual information about what roles may see.
20140619_0003.png
Access Table Screenshot
(324.67 KiB) Downloaded 1159 times
mykbaker

Post by mykbaker »

Would this release include access to the Send A Message functionality for Ward presidencies? If so this will be very valuable to our ward.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”