Expanded Access to Leader and Clerk Resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Expanded Access to Leader and Clerk Resources

Post by aebrown »

PartridgeRM wrote:We are planning to expand access to ward council members, their presidencies and secretaries. Our first beta group begins on 9 July 2014, with the second group starting a couple of weeks after. Hopefully, if all goes well, it will release globally at the end of August.
An MLS message was sent out on 18 July 2014 confirming this schedule of the release of expanded access planned for "late August 2014."

There's also a tantalizing tidbit about the ability to update callings and administer HT/VT coming in "late Fall of 2014."
jcaseybest

Post by jcaseybest »

Just to clarify, from what the earlier posts state, the global launch of the LCR has been postponed until late August 2014? I am the EQ Secretary for my ward and my bishop has tasked me with learning the LCR to teach to the other leaders. I have been running into road blocks, but based on the posts in this forum, this now makes sense.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jcaseybest wrote:Just to clarify, from what the earlier posts state, the global launch of the LCR has been postponed until late August 2014? I am the EQ Secretary for my ward and my bishop has tasked me with learning the LCR to teach to the other leaders. I have been running into road blocks, but based on the posts in this forum, this now makes sense.
LCR has been available for quite some time. What's happening in late August 2014 is just an update that expands access to more people and adds some features. I would certainly not describe it as a "global launch." And as far as I know, that's not a postponement -- that's the first concrete date we've heard for this particular update.

But I suppose from your perspective as an EQ secretary, it might feel like a "global launch," since this is the first version you'll have any access to.
jcaseybest

Post by jcaseybest »

So then my question is how can I gain access to LCR. When I attempt to access it now I get access denied. Is there something in MLS that my clerk needs to check off to grant me access?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jcaseybest wrote:So then my question is how can I gain access to LCR. When I attempt to access it now I get access denied. Is there something in MLS that my clerk needs to check off to grant me access?
LCR is currently only available to bishoprics, clerks, executive secretaries and equivalent positions at the stake level. It has been available to these callings for at least a couple years. Until LCR is updated to allow access to additional callings (which, as has be indicated, is probably coming in late August), there is nothing you or clerk can do to get you access. If your bishop and stake president want to call you as an assistant clerk that would provide access.

Note that the access that will be provided to callings other than those listed above will not include everything that a clerk or bishopric member can do. We don't know what specifically will be available but there is sensitive information and operations (like requesting records and moving them out) which will remain limited.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

eblood66 wrote:Note that the access that will be provided to callings other than those listed above will not include everything that a clerk or bishopric member can do. We don't know what specifically will be available ...
See this post earlier in this thread for the access table for the ward council and presidencies.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jcaseybest wrote:So then my question is how can I gain access to LCR. When I attempt to access it now I get access denied. Is there something in MLS that my clerk needs to check off to grant me access?
Currently, your calling as EQ Secretary doesn't grant you any access. You either have to wait or get a calling that does give you access. Note that callings that do grant you access (such as assistant ward clerk) requires going though the stake, so it's not as simple as asking to be entered with another calling. As such, I think your assignment from the Bishop was a bit premature.

Assuming that your calling is entered correctly in MLS as a Standard Position, you'll automatically get access when it becomes available to your calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cbweatherman

Post by cbweatherman »

Looks like we have a concrete date.

From the release notes (https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng):
Release 2.6 and 2.7
Date Released: 27 Aug 2014

New or Enhanced Functionality

Added access to LCR for ward council members and their counselors and secretaries. High priest group leaderships and elders quorum, Relief Society, Young Men, Young Women, Sunday School, and Primary presidencies as well as ward mission leaders now have access.
There's a lot more there, but this is what's relevant to the topic. :)
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

I'm assuming this expanded access will be available on the LDS tools app? Will Ward Council members need to update thru the App Store?
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

I am sure that LDS tools will be updated to allow this functionality, but LCR and LDS tools are 2 different projects. From what I have seen, this added functionality will be in future versions for LDS tools.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”