Missionary Progress Report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
seandavies

Missionary Progress Report

Post by seandavies »

I am very excited that as a Ward Mission Leader that I can now see the progress report from our ward's missionaries online. However, the current document is simply in alphabetical order, with no means to sort by most recent activity, by who is progressing, etc... On the missionary's iPads, they have it formatted very nicely for being able focus on the people who are progressing and need the most attention. Any chance that this formatting, or at least some mechanism for sorting can be added. It would save needing to scroll through several pages of names. Also, since our ward has two sets of missionaries, it would be helpful if there was a mechanisms to note which set of missionaries a new investigator is associated with.
jedci

Re: Missionary Progress Report

Post by jedci »

Very excited to see this capability released.

Agree with needing sort capability on the fields; we have multiple sets of missionaries as well, so indicator would be helpful.

Additional features -- 1) date last synced, 2) pull in calling for recent converts, and 3) way to not pull in member's FULL name -- just Preferred Last (fellowshipper/VT/HT) -- would be useful as well.

Still waiting to see official notice on who can see this report; it's not part of the Access Table.
jedci

Post by jedci »

Also - ability to expand/collapse all lesson progress (either within section [investigator, new member] or across all individuals), so you don't have to expand each row one-by-one in order to save/print a copy of the record that shows the teaching progress.

We had heard that this feature was available to the Ward Council, but some of our WC members indicate they can't see it -- so our WML sends out via PDF.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jedci wrote:Still waiting to see official notice on who can see this report; it's not part of the Access Table.
The documentation does not appear to be updated regularly, so I don't know if/when the access table will have this information (I'm not sure if the access table is a "live" document that is generated from a database or a static document that someone has to update).

They're targeting a new version of Leader/Clerk resources to be available in late August. I'm guessing with that rollout that we'll see who has access to the report.
Markusferne1996

Post by Markusferne1996 »

how do i show members in ward council how to use this? they said that they wanted us to show them how they can view it. thank you!
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Not all units in the US will have the report, apparently, just learned that a mission president in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina sent the whole shipment of iPads he got back to Salt Lake. It is likely the method of entry of data into a dedicated app on the iPad itself how they will convey the progress reports to be updated and displayed in LCR.
lehrschallbrian

Post by lehrschallbrian »

Hey thats my area. I hadn't heard that
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I just saw a description from a ward mission leader in St. George, he said that once the missionaries got iPads, and that was done very recently too in the Utah St. George Mission, all the ward mission leader has to do is log on to lds.org and go in to LCR, and see the progress record for each investigator the missionaries have in his unit, his description indicates that if they don't have iPads, the ward mission leader probably has to rely on the paper form once a week or in a few cases less frequently, or even the proverbial 'telephone tag' to find out what the missionaries may be in need of from the ward leaders in the unit or units they are assigned to.
berluk13

Post by berluk13 »

All I can see is a blank PDF version of a progress report when I go to look at the link.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

If it's on LCR you are seeing the blank form then my guess is 1. The system is not up and running quite yet, or 2. The missionaries haven't really started using the system yet either.

May go more live as soon as 3.0 is released. Based on a discussion here about the HT/VT functionality, that could be as early as this week.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”