Quarterly Report - mls/mbr/report suggestion

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rich

Quarterly Report - mls/mbr/report suggestion

Post by rich »

https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/report/quarterly-report
  • When a clerk clicks on a number in the "POTENTIAL" column - could it be possible to have the resulting report automatically open in a new browser session?
  • Or have draft numerical stats not saved yet be cached in the browser session? (so that, when a clerk returns from a potential's report, draft numbers already entered are not lost)
I know a user can simply hold the [CTRL] key, press a potentials link and the report will open in a new browser window. But I was unaware unsaved data wasn't cached, lost it opening a potentials report and had to reenter quite a few unsaved stats again. For me, I often need to generate potential reports while simultaneously entering the current quarter stats.

"quarterly-report" is very user-friendly, so just a minor suggestion. BTW I am getting lots of auxiliary requests for HT & VT tracking to be made available on lds.org :D
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Quarterly Report - mls/mbr/report suggestion

Post by jdlessley »

The forum is primarily user-to-user support. We can discuss recommendations and suggestions but have no means of getting this to those with authority to make changes. Some forum topic areas are fortunate to have church employees who are members of the team working those projects or programs and who visit the forum, engage in the thread discussions, and forward the information. For the most part, however, the best course of action is to submit feedback using an LDS.org feedback link.
rich wrote:BTW I am getting lots of auxiliary requests for HT & VT tracking to be made available on lds.org :D
This is the most requested feature. We have no idea when that will become available. HT/VT data is currently only stored in local MLS. That data must be made available, or stored, outside MLS to be available online. There are severa threads discussing this topic.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rich

Re: Quarterly Report - mls/mbr/report suggestion

Post by rich »

Understood, I provided the same feedback there as well.

I posted here because of the 'encouragement' clerks received to start using lds.org for quarterly stats to be aware statistics entries are not cached during a session, the [Save] button must be pressed.

For this forums topic area: a couple points of advice on using lds.org for quarterly reports entry...

1. In MLS, the new quarterly report format lost the ability to generate potential reports that auxiliary leaders often need. The list of 'potentials' are available on the lds.org version, incentive I guess to move to lds.org.

2. Be sure to hold down the control-key or press save *before* navigating to quarterly 'potential' reports or interim stats entries will be lost when you return to the main report.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”