Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Post by russellhltn »

ulaaoelua wrote:I am a member of the Ward Council, 1st Counselor to the Relief Society president but when I click into my Aua 3rd Ward, it says "Access Denied."
  • Your calling must be recorded as a standard position.
  • It can take up to 48 hours for everything to sync up and give you rights after the calling is recorded.
  • You must be using a LDS Account that's connected to your Membership Record Number.
If it's been a couple of days, I check in with your ward clerk to troubleshoot the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It looks like you both need to record your MRN on your LDSAccount.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Please work with your local clerks, they are the ones that determine whether you are in the correct position (calling) in LCR or MLS.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

ulaaoelua wrote:I am a member of the Ward Council, 1st Counselor to the Relief Society president but when I click into my Aua 3rd Ward, it says "Access Denied." Can you help me please? Thank you.
You have two LDS accounts. I am sending a private message.
cybercowboy1

Post by cybercowboy1 »

I was just set aside as Elders Quorum President in my Ward.
My Ward Clerk updated the callings in MLS (I think) and the new presidency is reflected in the Ward Directory online, but I am still getting "Access Denied" when attempting to access www.lds.org/LCR.
How long does it take for the permissions to replicate to LCR so I can view the Quorum records.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cybercowboy1 wrote:How long does it take for the permissions to replicate to LCR so I can view the Quorum records.
I think it's overnight, but I wouldn't be overly concerned until 48 hours has passed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cybercowboy1

Post by cybercowboy1 »

Thank you!
It was working later that same night.
dkingshere

Post by dkingshere »

I'm interested in details to Release 3.1.2, specifically, what is the 'data and reports' that would be available to the Stake YM presidency? I'm a stake membership clerk and the Stake YM Sec is looking for a snapshot list of Ward YM leaders (incl advisors), Ward Quorum presidencies (Deacons/Teachers/Priest), and ward YM rosters. In his LCR access he has the Reports tab, but that only has Unit Stats, Qrtrly Report, and Key Indicators. I've verified that his calling is the standard calling, Stake YM Sec (not a custom calling).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dkingshere wrote:I'm interested in details to Release 3.1.2, specifically, what is the 'data and reports' that would be available to the Stake YM presidency?
You may be interested in this part of the LCR FAQ:
Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
dkingshere wrote:the Stake YM Sec is looking for a snapshot list of Ward YM leaders (incl advisors), Ward Quorum presidencies (Deacons/Teachers/Priest), and ward YM rosters. In his LCR access he has the Reports tab, but that only has Unit Stats, Qrtrly Report, and Key Indicators. I've verified that his calling is the standard calling, Stake YM Sec (not a custom calling).
I'd say what he sees now is what is intended for his position. I'd suggest submitting feedback in the LCR application. Ward leaders seems reasonable, but given the quote above, listing of ward YM members seem unlikely. I'm pretty sure he can see the adult leaders via the Ward Directory unless they've limited their privacy.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In Leader and Clerk Resources 3.2.1, which is now being beta tested, the stake young men presidency and other stake auxiliary presidencies and high councilors can see the member list (which allows you to filter by organization) and ward leadership (which allows you to filter to only see, for example, all of the young men presidencies in the stake).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”