LCR 3.0 Beta

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LCR 3.0 Beta

Post by sbradshaw »

scgallafent wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:The only bug I've seen so far that keeps me from doing my job is that out-of-unit members aren't able to be added to multiple callings. There are several other feedback items I've submitted, but mostly just suggestions for improvements.
I just tested with my unit and was able to assign an out-of-unit member to multiple callings. If you have a specific set of steps that reproduces the issue, please submit them using the feedback form so that we can have someone test next week.
I sent feedback over the weekend, but I don't remember if I provided specific enough information. Brother Stone in our stake (507644) is both an Institute Supervisor and a High Councilor. I've successfully added him as an Institute Supervisor, but am unable to add him to the High Council.

When I'm adding a new out-of-unit member from scratch, normally I get an option that says "Assign to Out-of-Unit Member." However, when I type Brother Stone's membership record number or his name, his name pops up in the list of people to choose from (presumably because he was already added to our stake in another calling). There's no option "Assign to Out-of-Unit Member."

When I choose his name and try to save, I get this error: "The name entered does not match the name used on the membership record. Please check the name, and try again."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We've got the additional information. Thank you.

General reminder: This isn't the primary forum for feedback on LCR 3. If you've got bug reports, etc., please use the feedback link within the application.
royalismyrace

Post by royalismyrace »

Hi
Perhaps I am far out of topic, but I serve as a member of the high council and I have responsibility for home teaching, visiting teaching, reactivation and missionary work.

I was serving as a stake president couple of years ago and I really miss quite a few functionality that really could help me out in my calling.

As it is now I really have no use of present access, not even progress record is helping since it is only a kopy of a form that the missionary used to fill in.

I really hope that members of the high council gets more acccess in the future. Otherwise it is a slumbering oppurtunity.

John H
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

John H,

We continue to see comments like this in the forum. We are assured that the permissions, who gets access to what, is determined by the same people who have written the handbooks.

There is a relevant section of the LCR help files that may help you understand the standards being implemented:
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
romeumiguel

Post by romeumiguel »

How do I change Home Teachers Companionship, Districts, and families they visit ??? I tried this in LCR and could not do, has any printscreens teach how to do that ?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

romeumiguel wrote:How do I change Home Teachers Companionship, Districts, and families they visit ??? I tried this in LCR and could not do, has any printscreens teach how to do that ?
Home teaching tools and reports are part of Leader and Clerk Resources 3.0, which is being tested by a small group of stakes. Most stakes are still using version 2.8. In June, everyone will receive access to 3.0.

What version of Leader and Clerk Resources are you using? You can check your version by going to Leader and Clerk Resources and scrolling to the very bottom of the page.

Also, what is your current calling?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

romeumiguel wrote:How do I change Home Teachers Companionship, Districts, and families they visit ??? I tried this in LCR and could not do, has any printscreens teach how to do that ?
I'd be very surprised if LCR 3.0 is currently available in Brazil. AFAIK, the only stakes that are on the beta are ones that have the church developers in them - which would be primarily be in Utah. I think you'll have to wait for the general release.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
romeumiguel

Post by romeumiguel »

Thank Brother I see on the site Release here in Brazil will be in June 12th, I think I have to wait.
I am 1st Assistant Hight Priest Group, I think I'll have access to change Home Teachers.
Well lets see, if any of you has acccess like that can say to me if can change this or not. and how to do.
royalismyrace

Post by royalismyrace »

johnshaw wrote:John H,

We continue to see comments like this in the forum. We are assured that the permissions, who gets access to what, is determined by the same people who have written the handbooks.

There is a relevant section of the LCR help files that may help you understand the standards being implemented:
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
Yes I know, I know. Thou it is way to hard in areas where you do not have very funktional clerks on the membership side or as it is in sweden default that you are hidden to other members in Directory etc. in some units you will not even se the leadership due to this. I am patient to and I have been on this ride of development from paperwork to MLS to LDS.ORG and in 5-7 years it has taken a huge step forward. I am certain that High counsel will probarbly get a little more access to be of help top theur units in coaching. It is not for taking over is for training and strengt building.

I support the great work you do ;) and hope clerks and leaders and members would see the practical side of the tools.
John H
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

John H,

You bring up a rather difficult example for the developers, I believe. In some areas there may be more need for leaders to have different access than their counterparts in areas with larger Mormon populations. I think the best thing at this point is to have your Stake President take it up with his area presidency. There are ways to make the permissions work that I wouldn't suggest doing in this forum that they might have a better idea on how to implement.

Good luck to you. I did a lot of training in some areas of Russia and Greece as we had missionaries from our former stake leadership serving in those countries. We did some screen sharing and training with their local clerks on the new online tools and other items. Withe Skype, the Church PVS solution I'm sure there are many others that would be more than willing to help with this type of training if that is something you might find valuable.

-John
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”