Visiting Teaching Reports Optimized Server

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
trishmartinez

Visiting Teaching Reports Optimized Server

Post by trishmartinez »

Hi,

My mom is a visiting teaching coordinator. She is now entering her reports online, which she loves, but she keeps getting script errors. Is there a certain internet server that is recommended for the website (such as Chrome is better for this program than firefox or something along those lines)? We've tried to debug but it doesn't do anything but freeze.

Thanks,
Trish
mevans

Re: Visiting Teaching Reports Optimized Server

Post by mevans »

Which web browser are you using and which version? What kind of computer or device are you using?

I've tried the new LCR using Chrome and it works for me. I haven't tried it yet with other web browsers.

Have you tried disabling any add-ins/plug-ins in the web browser? They sometimes cause grief?
trishmartinez

Post by trishmartinez »

She is using firefox on an older dell computer. I thought about having her try Chrome (my preferred browser).
mevans

Post by mevans »

It's worth a try on Chrome to see if she has any different experience. Did you try disabling any browser extensions to see if that helped? They sometimes get in the way.

If that doesn't solve the problem, can you take a screenshot of the error and attach it to a message? That might help some people here figure out things.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure you don't have privacy, or incognito browsing turned on. I think the system has to be allowed to set some cookies to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”