Recording Contacts to Unassigned Sisters

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mbrown4941

Recording Contacts to Unassigned Sisters

Post by mbrown4941 »

Since the category "Contacts to Unassigned Sisters" appears on the Statistics by Month chart, I assume there is a way to enter contacts to sisters who have not yet been assigned a visiting teacher. I cannot find a way to enter those contacts. How do I enter visits made to those new sisters who have not yet been assigned a visiting teacher?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Recording Contacts to Unassigned Sisters

Post by scgallafent »

You can enter these visits from the Overview tab or the Household tab.

On the Household tab, find the sister in question and you can enter visits for the last three months right there. If you need to enter visits older than three months, click on the sister's name and click "View Household Profile."

On the Overview tab, find the sister in the list of Sisters Not Assigned to be Contacted. Click on the sister's name and choose "View Household Profile."

When finished viewing the household profile, click the Done button at the upper left to return to the previous list.
mbrown4941

Post by mbrown4941 »

Just followed your directions!! Thank you so much for the information.
combinola

Post by combinola »

Was just coming here to find information on the same subject. Thanks for the help.
JanetteGould

Post by JanetteGould »

I am the Visiting Teaching Coordinator. We have several non-member sisters that are in a part member home. They have Visiting Teachers, and we were able to record those visits in our MLS. However, now they don't show up and we can't figure out how to add them to visiting teaching routes and record the visits made..I would appreciate your help!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JanetteGould wrote:I am the Visiting Teaching Coordinator. We have several non-member sisters that are in a part member home. They have Visiting Teachers, and we were able to record those visits in our MLS. However, now they don't show up and we can't figure out how to add them to visiting teaching routes and record the visits made..I would appreciate your help!
Unfortunately, the ability to have non-member records (which is the way you could assign them visiting teachers in MLS) has been removed due to privacy reasons. So it's no longer possible to assign them to companionship or record visits. You'll need to keep track of visiting teaching for these sisters outside the normal system.
harriss12

Contacts to Unassigned Sisters

Post by harriss12 »

I don't understand how this number is computed. For example, mine says 0/4 for Oct, but I have ZERO "Sisters Not Assigned to be Contacted". I don't know who those 4 are . . I have 2 sister missionaries and they aren't assigned because they don't show up in the 'list'. So where does the 4 come from?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

How many sisters did you have unassigned at the beginning of October?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Possibly compounded by sisters moving out since Oct 31.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harriss12

Contacts to Unassigned Sisters - How computed?

Post by harriss12 »

I honestly don't know how many I had unassigned at the beginning of the month - I would like to say zero as well, for I redid the whole thing in October. But I did have to wait for September reporting before all the changes could be made. And when we had 2 move-ins during the month, I assigned them to my route. You don't know where this number comes from?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”