High Council Access to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sstahle

High Council Access to LCR

Post by sstahle »

In the system right now there is no access assigned to members of the high council. They would like to be able to see the stake information and reports. Is this an option in future releases?
eblood66

Re: High Council Access to LCR

Post by eblood66 »

You may want read the first question in the LCR FAQ. Based on that statement it doesn't seem likely that there are any plans at this point. However, if you think you can make a case for access given the responsibilities listed in the handbook, you can submit feedback using the Feedback link on any page of lds.org. You stake president can discuss it with his priesthood leaders as well.
veehb

Post by veehb »

I'll go to the feedback tab as you suggest. But, let me suggest a problem here that is facing our high council. Our stake president has directed the high councilor assigned to each ward to take an active role in helping and training the priesthood leaders. In our stake home teaching really needs their help. The high council needs access to the home teaching reports on LDS.org in the LCR section. I can't see why this access is not provided. Should be a simple matter to give them access to LCR and then to restrict the areas that they have access to. As a stake executive secretary, there are areas that I cannot access, without permission being given by a member of the stake presidency. I needed that permission to help manage the coming and going of full time missionaries. Access to the Missionary On Line Recommendation System (under Applications) was not available to me until a member of the stake presidency authorized my access. Seems like this type of access for the high council could also be provided. They can't help with home teaching improvement if they can't see the reports. I think they need access to the ward HP report, not the limited stake report.
Thanks,
Vee Butterfield, Bennion Utah East Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

veehb wrote:Our stake president has directed the high councilor assigned to each ward to take an active role in helping and training the priesthood leaders. In our stake home teaching really needs their help.
There's a difference between training, supervising and micromanaging. The HC have been tasked to be trainers.

You may want to read this post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

veehb wrote:As a stake executive secretary, there are areas that I cannot access, without permission being given by a member of the stake presidency. I needed that permission to help manage the coming and going of full time missionaries. Access to the Missionary On Line Recommendation System (under Applications) was not available to me/ until a member of the stake presidency authorized my access.
This older system of granting access to online tools to individuals by name is going away and being replaced by access based on calling (since callings are tied to LDS Accounts). I suspect the recommendation system will go that route the next time it undergoes a major update. Currently, the only way for anyone to access Leader and Clerk Resources is to be assigned a calling that gives them access to the specific parts of Leader and Clerk Resources they need for their calling.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
manielsen2002

Post by manielsen2002 »

The Release Notes for LCR 3.1.1 under "Help" on LDS.org (LCR) show that they are giving limited access to High Councilors and Stake Auxiliaries, and while the release is dated December 18, it doesn't appear to be available yet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

manielsen2002 wrote:The Release Notes for LCR 3.1.1 under "Help" on LDS.org (LCR) show that they are giving limited access to High Councilors and Stake Auxiliaries, and while the release is dated December 18, it doesn't appear to be available yet.
Yes, to unit statistics. Nothing at the individual level.

From another message, it's currently in Beta.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
srasay2

Post by srasay2 »

I'm curious how having access to Ward level LCR tools is going to change their abilities... What will real-time visibility give them that a report cant? We took the HWOS data and created a Google Sheet that we gave view access to the HC and the Stake Clerk so they can see and pull the needed reporting data any time they need and send it off to SLC, while the entire Ward Council has edit rights to the sheet. Seems like a similar approach to HT could be taken, updates made to the sheet 2x/mo would be a burden, but possible.

In the lds.org calendaring tools - we ran into problems with expanded access because our YSA ward was spread across 2 stakes. So members of the other stake could schedule the resources but when we tried to look up their info and contact them, we couldn't see their details/phone/email - it was messy.

I see other potential issues with HC being assigned, changing assignments etc. It would require 12 slots and the slots being ordered in a way that they align to the ward order in the stake. HC 4 is assigned to wards 7&8 in a list, but what if your stake only has 6 wards... since name-based assignments are going away, it doesn't seem realistic from a programmatic perspective either.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

srasay2 wrote:I see other potential issues with HC being assigned, changing assignments etc. It would require 12 slots and the slots being ordered in a way that they align to the ward order in the stake. HC 4 is assigned to wards 7&8 in a list, but what if your stake only has 6 wards... since name-based assignments are going away, it doesn't seem realistic from a programmatic perspective either.
Short of creating an interface to record the assignments, I'd imagine that all HC would see the unit stats for all wards. In the case of YM/YW, they cover all wards anyway.

McLaughlinES

Post by McLaughlinES »

Re: Unit created databases and providing over the cloud.

The recent post stated "We took the HWOS data and created a Google Sheet that we gave view access to the HC and the Stake Clerk so they can see and pull the needed reporting data any time they need and send it off to SLC, while the entire Ward Council has edit rights to the sheet. Seems like a similar approach to HT could be taken, updates made to the sheet 2x/mo would be a burden, but possible."

I suggest that you consult the Meetinghouse Technology Policy documents:

Meetinghouse Technology Policy
https://www.lds.org/help/support/meetin ... lang=eng#4

4.9 MLS Data and Membership Information

4.9.1 Information about members, donations, and financial transactions is confidential and must be protected from unauthorized disclosure.

4.9.2 MLS data, database tables, or schemas must not be used or shared to create or assist in the creation of third party software.

4.9.3 The use of MLS data and membership information in third party software is prohibited, whether obtained from within or outside of a meetinghouse.

4.9.4 The use of cloud-based services for storing and/or backing up MLS or any membership related data is prohibited.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”