"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rbogden

"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by rbogden »

I'm a first counselor in a bishopric and regularly use the "Send a Message" function (in LCR under Applications).

Today the Send a Message link is absent from the Applications menu of LCR (I was logged in).

Anyone know what happened to it? Moved elsewhere?
mfmohlma

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by mfmohlma »

I don't see it there either. I'm a ward clerk.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It looks like it got removed, because there is a new one in beta that goes to a new version that has been rewritten. You can still get to the old one at https://www.lds.org/messaging/
bholson

Post by bholson »

I tried the link, but got an error message. I am a ward clerk. Any other links we could try to access either the old or new beta send a message functionality?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

bholson wrote:I tried the link, but got an error message. I am a ward clerk. Any other links we could try to access either the old or new beta send a message functionality?
Now I'm getting a 500 error as well.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The "send a message" application has gone through a major rewrite and is in the first stage of LCR beta testing. It will be generally available Real Soon Now™. The old application is currently (right now, as jonesrk discovered) being decommissioned.

Yes, we realize that not everyone has the new functionality, and, yes, we realize this leaves you without this capability for a short time. Because of some issues with the old system, we determined that it would best to shut it down now and move the new version through beta as quickly as possible.

We're sorry that there is this brief time period where you are left without access to the application. Be assured that this decision was not made lightly, but is the best decision based on the circumstances.
rbogden

Post by rbogden »

Thanks all for the updates!
morriscovey

Send a Message Feature Not Showing In Application

Post by morriscovey »

I went to sent a message to our stake members and could no longer find the "Send a Message" option in the Application button for Leader and Clerk Resources. Did this function get disabled?

Brother Martin Morris
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Send a Message Feature Not Showing In Application

Post by russellhltn »

morriscovey wrote:I went to sent a message to our stake members and could no longer find the "Send a Message" option in the Application button for Leader and Clerk Resources. Did this function get disabled?
Your post was merged with an existing topic. You'll find your answer two posts above yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

scgallafent wrote:The "send a message" application has gone through a major rewrite and is in the first stage of LCR beta testing. It will be generally available Real Soon Now.
Will the bug that prevented leadership from being able to send messages to members who had their privacy settings set to ward/leadership only be fixed? Or will the messages continue to go to only those people whose privacy is set to stake?

From what I can see, the email all adults from the LDS Directory is still populating email addresses. You just need to copy the list into your email client.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”