"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sebastian.buck
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Postby sebastian.buck » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 am

chriswoodut wrote:There are many variables that could be the cause and without an admin on the recipient end and an admin on the lds.org end testing it together, I don't know that we'll figure out the edge cases. Awhile back I glanced at the SPF headers in the received emails and they do look ok.


I absolutely agree. I remember once getting an error message regarding SPF.

The problem however is that we are supposed to use the church's email system and discouraged to use our private email service to send out messages to members. I agree with it. But in this case the system has to work reliably. Because right now I'm forced to use my personal email service.

chriswoodut
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:42 am

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Postby chriswoodut » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:36 am

sebastian.buck wrote:
chriswoodut wrote:There are many variables that could be the cause and without an admin on the recipient end and an admin on the lds.org end testing it together, I don't know that we'll figure out the edge cases. Awhile back I glanced at the SPF headers in the received emails and they do look ok.


I absolutely agree. I remember once getting an error message regarding SPF.

The problem however is that we are supposed to use the church's email system and discouraged to use our private email service to send out messages to members. I agree with it. But in this case the system has to work reliably. Because right now I'm forced to use my personal email service.


I believe SPF is correct from my looking at it. I use the send-a-message tool every week (ward email blast), sometimes more than once and I've only had one person complain about not getting something.

taftkyleseth1
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR_Attachments

Postby taftkyleseth1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 am

I am an elders quorum secretary and regularly use the send a message application. I frequently need to attach a document to the e-mails I send to the quorum. In the past two or three months, the attach function is not working. It just lists the name of the attachment and shows the attachment size as 1 MB, which means there is nothing really attached. Any suggestions?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 26201
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR_Attachments

Postby russellhltn » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 am

taftkyleseth1 wrote:It just lists the name of the attachment and shows the attachment size as 1 MB, which means there is nothing really attached.

How big is the attachment that you're trying to send? 1MB can be a fairly large (content-wise) attachment if it's all text.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR_Attachments

Postby davesudweeks » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:52 am

russellhltn wrote:
taftkyleseth1 wrote:It just lists the name of the attachment and shows the attachment size as 1 MB, which means there is nothing really attached.

How big is the attachment that you're trying to send? 1MB can be a fairly large (content-wise) attachment if it's all text.

I wonder if the poster meant 1kb instead of 1mb... I have never had a problem adding an attachment as ward clerk. None have been huge, but some have been between 1mb and 2mb.

User avatar
chrispremo
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Postby chrispremo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:45 pm

Does the Ward Missionary Leader have permissions to send a message via Leaders and Clerk Resources?

chriswoodut
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:42 am

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Postby chriswoodut » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:50 pm

chrispremo wrote:Does the Ward Missionary Leader have permissions to send a message via Leaders and Clerk Resources?


https://lcr.lds.org/access-table?lang=eng

I think this chart indicates the ward mission leader does have access.


Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests