"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
clarkgw

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by clarkgw »

I have been sending a few emails to the Elders Quorum to let them know of service project 2 nights ago & tonight I sent another email to the Quorum about our lesson for this coming Sunday. I haven't received a confirmation email yet.
What's going on? Is the email app not working at all. btw, I used my computer to compose these emails.
Please help.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Please see this link:

viewtopic.php?f=112&t=39444
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

clarkgw wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:08 pm I have been sending a few emails to the Elders Quorum to let them know of service project 2 nights ago & tonight I sent another email to the Quorum about our lesson for this coming Sunday. I haven't received a confirmation email yet.
What's going on? Is the email app not working at all. btw, I used my computer to compose these emails.
Please help.
I notice you don't seem to have an email attached to your profile. You might want to check the ward directory and make sure you have an email for you as an individual and not just as a household. This applies even if you are a household of one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Sheilacluff

Post by Sheilacluff »

My Wife is RS Secretary and sends out emails to the RS quite frequently. Lately she is not receiving a confirmation of the outgoing email but sisters are receiving it. Her email address is correct and we use gmail. Any ideas?
rosemarytlane

Post by rosemarytlane »

I am not getting any confirmations or messages to my email (rtlbook@comcast.net) sent through application- send a message.
tdforsyth

Post by tdforsyth »

I a an Executive Secretary and frequently send Full-Ward messages from the Bishopric. I've been made aware that some are not receiving these. I did tests today with one member not receiving. Her email address was correct on Tools and the Church Website Directory. Other emails are reaching her inbox. The Confirmation message did not show any bounces. The missing messages were not in her Spam or Junk folders. The Church's "no reply" email address was not on her block list. Any idea what's going on here, or how I could improve receipt of emails? Maybe I need to change my sending address?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tdforsyth wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:20 am I've been made aware that some are not receiving these. I did tests today with one member not receiving. Her email address was correct on Tools and the Church Website Directory. Other emails are reaching her inbox.
Is it a Yahoo or AOL account? You might want to look at this thread
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sebastian.buck

Post by sebastian.buck »

It’s not only AOL or Yahoo or any other specific email provider. This problem has been going on for years and years.

For me the most frustrating thing is that as a secretary I get no information if an email could not be delivered to an inbox. I do get bounce messages. But I do not get any messages if an email just vanishes.

Of course spam filters or some weird policies on the recipient side can be blamed in some instances. But in many more instances this is not the case. For a secretary or anybody who uses this feature of LCR it is extremely frustrating. In my ward secretaries are using their own email lists with all the addresses of our members. And that’s only because the LCR system just doesn’t work reliable at all.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

If I'm informed correctly, there are two things that could possibly influence toward a solution: 1) use the 'Feedback' link or button; 2) ask your bishop or stake president to raise the issue up his chain of command. However, to the extent that it's the recipients' ISPs or email providers that are are dropping the messages, it may not be possible for the Church to solve the problem itself.
sebastian.buck

Post by sebastian.buck »

I have already done both. And honestly, feedback is not really necessary since the church‘s IT have known about it for years. Every single ward secretary and stake secretary I have spoken with are aware of the problem. But I do have raised this issue even with the Area Presidency.

And yes, I have suspected the ISP to be the culprit here as well. However the number of lost emails and the many different ISP involved let me doubt it.

And not forget that newsletter senders like Mailchimp and others have no problems to get their newsletters and emails to the recipient.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”