Page 33 of 33

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:49 am
by davesudweeks
ayoward wrote:...am I right in thinking there is no way to set up your own list through the Send a Message function?

This is correct. You can include or exclude anyone from the message, but you cannot save a custom list in the tool. (Personal opinion: I don't think the Send a Message tool was originally designed to be used the way many are trying to use it.)

A work-around that preserves the contact information: If members who seek no contact don't have a household email, the clerk can move their personal email to the household email position - the send a message tool only sends to the personal email address.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:48 pm
by russellhltn
davesudweeks wrote:A work-around that preserves the contact information: If members who seek no contact don't have a household email, the clerk can move their personal email to the household email position - the send a message tool only sends to the personal email address.

However, that's likely to effectively cancel any subscriptions the member had, such as from the main church, about their donations, or emails about their calling.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:36 pm
by davesudweeks
russellhltn wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:A work-around that preserves the contact information: If members who seek no contact don't have a household email, the clerk can move their personal email to the household email position - the send a message tool only sends to the personal email address.

However, that's likely to effectively cancel any subscriptions the member had, such as from the main church, about their donations, or emails about their calling.

That is true. And I suppose there are those who want official communications but not unofficial chatting from everyone who reaches out to them. However, in my experience, most who don't want contact, really don't want ANY contact unless they initiate it.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:35 pm
by russellhltn
davesudweeks wrote:That is true. And I suppose there are those who want official communications but not unofficial chatting from everyone who reaches out to them. However, in my experience, most who don't want contact, really don't want ANY contact unless they initiate it.

I think there's two groups: Those who don't want ANY contact, and those who do want some contact, but feel the local leaders are far too chatty. They want to be left off the routine bulletins that are designed to foster "involvement" or "connectiveness".

For the latter group, you're not going to want to mess with their emails, so you're still stuck with the manual removal method for them.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:44 pm
by zaneclark
I send out a weekly newsletter and for whatever reason, some couples would like to each receive the newsletter, but as I understand it, anything sent with "Send a Message" only goes to one email address per household and right now I can't remember if it is the individual or household email that gets the message,. So, is there any way for the household to receive 2 newsletters?

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:47 pm
by davesudweeks
It is my understanding the Send a Message tool sends to the personal Email address for each individual (only). If the same email address is listed for both a husband and a wife, I don't know of the tool would send it once or twice to the same email. If only one spouse has a personal email address listed, only that spouse will receive communications from the Send a Message tool.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:12 pm
by russellhltn
It's possible that one spouse only has their email recorded as "household" and not as "personal".