Home Teaching

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
robert.brey

Home Teaching

Post by robert.brey »

As the High Priest Group Leader, can I see all home teaching districts in our ward? I need to see both ours and the Elders lists.

Robert. Brey
Rochester, 3rd ward Rochester, MN
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Home Teaching

Post by jdlessley »

robert.brey wrote:As the High Priest Group Leader, can I see all home teaching districts in our ward?
The HPGL can only see the home teaching for the High Priests.
robert.brey wrote:I need to see both ours and the Elders lists.
For now you will have to get a printed copy from the Clerk who has access to both the EQ and HPG home teaching information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
erinkalani

Post by erinkalani »

For some reason, as an EQ President, I am able to see both the HP Home Teaching Districts and that of my quorum. Inside the LCR, when I click "Organizations" and then choose "Home and Visiting Teaching", it brings up the page I have attached here. On the right-hand side labeled "Quorum/Auxiliary" (circled in orange in the attachment) I can move between the Elders Quorum information and the High Priests information. Under the "Companionships" tab (circled in green) I can see the home teaching districts of the quorum I selected to view. Hopefully that helps!
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-06-07-33-26 (2).jpg
(2.57 MiB) Not downloaded yet
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

What jdlessley said was correct until a few weeks ago. The view rights were expanded so now Quorum/Group Leaders have the ability to view all home teaching information for your ward, by using the Quorum/Auxiliary selector in the top right you can switch between HP & EQ.
harriss12

Home Teaching Access

Post by harriss12 »

I'm RS President and I would like to be able to see Home Teaching assignments, for both HP and Elders. When we are needing assistance for sisters and their families, I would like to be able to see who their HTs are so they can be involved, for whatever the need is, make it more of a cohesive effort for families. It would only need to be a "read only" concept obviously but it would be very useful, helpful, wonderful, and I believe appropriate to be able to reference. Thank you.
eblood66

Re: Home Teaching Access

Post by eblood66 »

I don't have access myself but I believe you can see the home teachers by looking at the member's record in LCR (accessed by the lookup box or the Member List).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harriss12 wrote:I'm RS President and I would like to be able to see Home Teaching assignments, for both HP and Elders.
I believe that between LCR and LDS Tools, you can. At least for individual sisters - just not the "big picture" assignments.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

harriss12 wrote:I'm RS President and I would like to be able to see Home Teaching assignments, for both HP and Elders. When we are needing assistance for sisters and their families, I would like to be able to see who their HTs are so they can be involved, for whatever the need is, make it more of a cohesive effort for families. It would only need to be a "read only" concept obviously but it would be very useful, helpful, wonderful, and I believe appropriate to be able to reference. Thank you.
You can see the assigned home teachers for individuals by looking at the member profile in LCR. There has been some discussion about possibilities for additional reporting to address this, but I don't know what, if any, decision hasbeen made.
TomPittman7

Post by TomPittman7 »

harriss12 wrote:I'm RS President and I would like to be able to see Home Teaching assignments, for both HP and Elders. When we are needing assistance for sisters and their families, I would like to be able to see who their HTs are so they can be involved, for whatever the need is, make it more of a cohesive effort for families. It would only need to be a "read only" concept obviously but it would be very useful, helpful, wonderful, and I believe appropriate to be able to reference. Thank you.
+1.

Just so others know, our High Priest Group leadership would like the Relief Society to see our home teaching assignments as well, and we would love to be able to see their visiting teaching assignments.

Because this isn't a capability yet of LCR, each month we send a PDF of our District Reporting form to the Relief Society so they know what we are doing.

Often it is helpful in rescue efforts for RS and HPG to be coordinating their focus on certain families and individuals, and knowing what is happening with home and visiting teaching is fundamental to that.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”