When's a young man not a young man?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: When's a young man not a young man?

Post by scgallafent »

The snapshot is taken early on the first day of the new quarter. If you've made the change now, it will be reflected in the quarterly report snapshot taken early on the morning of April 1.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Do you know how soon after that snapshot that "2" will be available from the quarter dropdown list? For example, right now, the snapshot for 16Q1 was taken early on January 1st but I can't see a quarter "1" for 2016 in the dropdown list yet, understandably so because it's not time to do the first quarter report yet.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The snapshot for 2016Q1 has not been taken yet. It will be taken shortly after midnight on April 1, 2016.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:The snapshot for 2016Q1 has not been taken yet. It will be taken shortly after midnight on April 1, 2016.
His question is when can he see the results of that snapshot. For example, he can't see the 1Q snapshot, even though the snapshot has already been taken. (I'm guessing it's the 3rd month - sometime in March.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Typo? "The snapshot for 2016Q1 has not been taken yet". Should that be 2016Q2? Your earlier post said the snapshot would be "taken early on the first day of the new quarter". If your snapshot is "shortly after midnight on April 1, 2016", that's for the second quarter, isn't it?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sasgrw wrote:Typo? "The snapshot for 2016Q1 has not been taken yet". Should that be 2016Q2? Your earlier post said the snapshot would be "taken early on the first day of the new quarter". If your snapshot is "shortly after midnight on April 1, 2016", that's for the second quarter, isn't it?
The snapshot taken on the first day of the new quarter is the snapshot for the previous quarter.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:The snapshot for 2016Q1 has not been taken yet. It will be taken shortly after midnight on April 1, 2016.
His question is when can he see the results of that snapshot. For example, he can't see the 1Q snapshot, even though the snapshot has already been taken. (I'm guessing it's the 3rd month - sometime in March.)
No. The 2015Q4 snapshot was taken on January 1st. The 1Q snapshot won't be taken until April 1st. Snapshots are essentially taken just barely past the end of the quarter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, I was sure move-outs were factored in somehow - if the snapshot is just after the quarter, that makes sense.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

scgallafent wrote:The snapshot is taken early on the first day of the new quarter.
eblood66 wrote: Snapshots are essentially taken just barely past the end of the quarter.
I think I mis-read scgallafent's earlier posting. I think they're saying the same thing but that's not how I initially read it. It sounded like the snapshot was taken barely into the current quarter, "the first day of the new quarter". But I think they were trying to say that the snapshot is taken on the first day of the next quarter, which is how I read eblood66's comment.

The mud is starting to clear...
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

And I apologize that I sort of morphed my original question into a new question without starting a new thread. This thread now talks about how to handle an 18 year old young man *and* the time of quarterly report snapshots.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”