New Stake and moving membership records

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Stake and moving membership records

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:And while you are waiting, count your blessings. For this to sort out within a few days is marvelous. Last time for us (several years ago), most things were settled after about two weeks, Most things.
I remember when everything was done via USPS first class mail. Modem? That was just for finances - when we finally did get a modem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Wow... Sounds like you will be getting out your canes next and whacking each other over the head... :-)

Even 2 years ago, much more could be done locally on MLS until the online systems caught up. Now there are quite a few that can only be done online, so until the permissions are there, the stake can't really function administratively. With a change in an existing stake, there are some folks that stick around and can keep things going, but with a new stake, we really are stuck until permissions turn on. Thus the urgency and impatience.

Now where did I put that cane?! :-P
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rickk wrote:Wow... Sounds like you will be getting out your canes next and whacking each other over the head... :-)
I'm still a number of years away from retirement. :) Technology has been going at a very fast pace (but not as fast as members want it to go).

Based on the first computer my ward got (BM PS/ValuePoint), I think ward computers started around 23 years ago. I started clerking in a student ward, so I started young. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Sorry to break up the fun and get back to the LCR question, but as I record new people do they get the permissions once they are recorded as sustained or do they also need to be marked as set apart? For example, we just called a new auditor (it is that time of the year!), who does not need to be sustained so I can record him immediately. If I do not mark him as set apart yet, will he have the permissions on the audit system or is the set apart check box also required - meaning that I need to push the presidency to get that done right away among all of the other high priority items?

Rick
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rickk wrote:Sorry to break up the fun and get back to the LCR question, but as I record new people do they get the permissions once they are recorded as sustained or do they also need to be marked as set apart?
No, setting apart has no effect on the permissions. Once they are recorded as having the calling, the process for granting permissions will be set in motion.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”