New LCR version?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

New LCR version?

Post by drepouille »

I am seeing some new menu items in LCR today. Was LCR updated this week?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Re: New LCR version?

Post by eblood66 »

I'm seeing them too. The release notes indicate that 4.2 was released to beta in August. I'm guessing it's been released more widely now--probably everywhere.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I got an email about the new release a few hours ago. The version number at the bottom of the page is 4.2.5 so there has been an update. Looks like the Release Notes are not out yet though. (Maybe I'm still ahead on Beta, though.)

Edit: Looks like the 4.2 release notes are the ones that apply. Nice job as usual. Thanks, developers! :)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The beta version, that I still see, is 4.2.4. So I’m guessing that you are now seeing the general release version. The current beta version I guess will be retired soon.

Guess what! I’ve also just got the email about the new version.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The LCR release cycle starts with x.y.0, which is the "friends and family" beta. That first beta goes to the project team so they can feel all of the initial pain. :)

Successive releases increment the patch version number, so 4.2.5 is the sixth release of version 4.2. The release notes for version 4.2 apply across the entire version. There are not normally separate release notes for a patch release.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:There are not normally separate release notes for a patch release.
I assume the reason for no release notes is that that patches only fix bug and doesn't add features
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:The LCR release cycle starts with x.y.0, which is the "friends and family" beta. That first beta goes to the project team so they can feel all of the initial pain. :)
How thoughtful.

If you are on the team, you might wish to look at the code for the bishop ordination date and pull the first occurrence, which is normally when a new bishop is actually ordained, and not the most recent occurrence where the ordination did not take place, unless the intent is to show the most recent service and not the actual ordination date. Feel free to use me as an example. [smile]

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”