Ministering Supervisors?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Ministering Supervisors?

Post by zaneclark »

I was a district supervisor in HP and my wife was a district supervisor in RS. With the changes, my position has been eliminated
but my wife's calling was changed to Ministering Supervisor. So far she has not been able to find out what her responsibilities are and no one seems to be sure... Anyone know about this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering Supervisors?

Post by russellhltn »

What has been revealed can be found at ministering.lds.org and ministeringresources.lds.org.

Off hand, I don't know of anything that addresses that, but then I've not been though all of the information found in the links above. We may have to wait for a revision of the Handbook for clarification.
zaneclark wrote:With the changes, my position has been eliminated but my wife's calling was changed to Ministering Supervisor.
That's probably more a function of releasing everyone in any of the Priesthood quorums rather than related to ministering.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
zaneclark wrote:With the changes, my position has been eliminated but my wife's calling was changed to Ministering Supervisor.
That's probably more a function of releasing everyone in any of the Priesthood quorums rather than related to ministering.
At LCR, Visiting Teaching Supervisors were changed to Ministering Supervisors.
High Priest Home Teaching Districts were moved into the Elders Quorum, but are without leaders because they were all automatically removed, as were the Elders Quorum District Supervisors. In our former HP group, those were the HP group leadership. They will now probably be the EQ Presidency when the quorum is reorganized.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just checked the organization chart for EQ, and there is a Ministering Coordinator and a Ministering Supervisor, just as in HT, but I'm still curious as to what their responsibilities will be. In my calling as HT Supervisor, I had to gather and report the monthly visits of the HT in my district. Not sure how this fits in the new program. I guess I'll have to be patient. :-)
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

Additional FAQ has been released https://www.lds.org/mycalling/ministeri ... q?lang=eng

10. What is the role of ministering coordinators and supervisors?

The callings of ministering coordinator and ministering supervisor have been discontinued. Those who have been called to these positions should be released.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”