Ministering Tool

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
galleri

Ministering Tool

Post by galleri »

Hello,
I am not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I figured out of all the other's this looked like the right spot. I am the RS secretary at my branch. I have been assigned along with a brother to update our ministering information within the tools on lds.org. We have two questions/issues.

1. What are the districts for and do we need them all or can we just use one district, we are a super small branch?
2. With the way ministering is now, we are able to assign couples to another couple, but for some reason, we cannot add this into the database. It will only allow you to add sisters to sister and brothers to brothers. Are we missing something that could override this?

Thank you so much!
Sister Sundee Holliday
Lanett, AL Branch
davesudweeks

Re: Ministering Tool

Post by davesudweeks »

Districts are for organizational purposes only. You can have many or few districts, depending on your situation (I think 1 minimum is required).

To add couples, Relief Society would add the sister first and then add her husband as her companion.
Elders Quorum would add the brother first, then add his wife as his companion.
If a couple is ministering the same families for both organizations, both organizations need to add them as listed above.
Then (after the companionship is set up), you go and add families to them to minister.
galleri

Post by galleri »

Thank you so much!!!
garypmayer

Post by garypmayer »

As a branch clerk in an Alzheimers unit I cannot get my quarterly report to post because under Sisters ministered it is blank and will not let me put a number for quarter 3. I did not have any companionships set up and now it will not allow me to set up anything. The brothers defaulted to 0 and is not a problem and I wonder why the sisters did not default to 0. Any help would be appreciated
jlpayne9

Post by jlpayne9 »

We have a similar situation where a small branch had no ministering districts set up for the 3rd quarter so there are no interviews reported and the clerk is unable to submit the quarterly report as a result.
kitchen

Post by kitchen »

davesudweeks wrote:Districts are for organizational purposes only. You can have many or few districts, depending on your situation (I think 1 minimum is required).

To add couples, Relief Society would add the sister first and then add her husband as her companion.
Elders Quorum would add the brother first, then add his wife as his companion.
If a couple is ministering the same families for both organizations, both organizations need to add them as listed above.
Then (after the companionship is set up), you go and add families to them to minister.
I am the elders quorum president and I was previously able to create companionship with married couples but am not able to now. Did something change with the newest update?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You should post feedback from the Ministering assignments page. Though you may not receive an individualized response, feedback is routed to those who set the priorities for the small group of programmers. Things posted here on this user-to-user help forum will not get to them and no one here will likely be able to answer your question.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

kitchen wrote:I am the elders quorum president and I was previously able to create companionship with married couples but am not able to now. Did something change with the newest update?
It doesn't seem to be working for me either. I don't see anything about such a change in the Release Notes.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

This should be fixed with an update that was released today.
Don.blackburn

Post by Don.blackburn »

I am trying to report how many Ministering Brothers were interviewed during the third quarter for the quarterly report that is due next week; however, the third quarter information on Member Tools is completely absent now that it is the fourth quarter. So, how do I get the previous quarter's information? I would love to have my ward's quarterly report for the third quarter finished on time by October 15th.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”