Ministering Tool

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ministering Tool

Post by jdlessley »

Recording interviews for the previous quarter cannot be currently done through Member Tools. You can record the interviews for the previous quarter in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tammyhulse

Post by tammyhulse »

I am serving as the Relief Society president in a large ward. We have divided ministering into 3 districts so that each member of the presidency can oversee one district. Is it possible to search a sister's name and quickly find out which district she is in? This function would help us be more efficient in delegating services for sisters in need. Currently, we pull up the ministering list and go through the list of assigned sisters until we find who we are looking for.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Don.blackburn wrote:I am trying to report how many Ministering Brothers were interviewed during the third quarter for the quarterly report that is due next week; however, the third quarter information on Member Tools is completely absent now that it is the fourth quarter. So, how do I get the previous quarter's information? I would love to have my ward's quarterly report for the third quarter finished on time by October 15th.
Notice the forum this thread is in the Ministering Tool for Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR). While Member Tools does not show the previous quarter ministering information you can enter the previous quarter ministering online using a web browser. Sign into churchofjesuschrist.org and select LCR > Ministering > Current Assignments and then select Previous Quarter.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

tammyhulse wrote:I am serving as the Relief Society president in a large ward. We have divided ministering into 3 districts so that each member of the presidency can oversee one district. Is it possible to search a sister's name and quickly find out which district she is in? This function would help us be more efficient in delegating services for sisters in need. Currently, we pull up the ministering list and go through the list of assigned sisters until we find who we are looking for.
There is a text entry field above the ministering list in Leader and Clerk Resources. Type the sister's name in that field and it will limit the list to assignments involving that sister.
devfarr

Post by devfarr »

My question is related to this. Can only certain callings see the ministering assigments in LCR? I have a sister that is called to a compassionate service calling, and she can no longer bring up the ministering assignment report, but she used to be able to. Is there a way to give her access to this, or is it only related to the calling she is in?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

devfarr wrote:or is it only related to the calling she is in?
Correct. There is no way to grant access, just via calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ksp7spr8

Post by ksp7spr8 »

Sometime before the end of the year something changed in being able to assign husband and wives as a companionship for special ministering needs. This is still not working for us. Is it working for others? If so what am I missing in how to get the assignments made. I can only select from the unassigned members of the Elder's Quorum and the Priest and Teacher's Quorum. I still do not have access to the sisters database to be able to assign the wife.
Would appreciate any helpful direction on how to get this done.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ksp7spr8 wrote:Sometime before the end of the year something changed in being able to assign husband and wives as a companionship for special ministering needs. This is still not working for us. Is it working for others? If so what am I missing in how to get the assignments made. I can only select from the unassigned members of the Elder's Quorum and the Priest and Teacher's Quorum. I still do not have access to the sisters database to be able to assign the wife.
Would appreciate any helpful direction on how to get this done.
It is working just fine for me tonight (counselor in EQ Presidency).
For EQ: you must select the husband first, then you select his wife as his companion. Then you add the families they are assigned to minister to.
For RS: the process is the exact reverse (select the wife first, then select her husband as her companion).
DMLofgreen

Post by DMLofgreen »

I am the elders quorum secretary and someone was previously able to create companionship with married couples (my wife and I are companions), but I am not able to create additional husband/wife companions. Sisters do not appear on the list of companions.
DMLofgreen

Post by DMLofgreen »

When printing a single page for a ministering companionship, telephone numbers are not being printed unless it is a personal phone number. If a family has only a family phone, it is not printed for the ministering brother and/or sister.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”