Ministering Tool

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
BrianEdwards

Re: Ministering Tool

Post by BrianEdwards »

DMLofgreen wrote:I am the elders quorum secretary and someone was previously able to create companionship with married couples (my wife and I are companions), but I am not able to create additional husband/wife companions. Sisters do not appear on the list of companions.
Did you try the previous suggestion of selecting the husband/wife first, then searching the list for the corresponding spouse? I found that works for me.
DMLofgreen

Post by DMLofgreen »

When I searched the list of those that I could add for a companion, I only got a list of male members, no Priesthood, Aaronic Priesthood, and Melchizdek Priesthood. Do the sisters come after all of these?
Thanks for your suggestions.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

DMLofgreen wrote:When I searched the list of those that I could add for a companion, I only got a list of male members, no Priesthood, Aaronic Priesthood, and Melchizdek Priesthood. Do the sisters come after all of these?
Thanks for your suggestions.
When I tested this last evening, I entered my last name in the search box and selected myself. Then for the companion I entered my last name again in the search box (my wife was listed). I was able to select her as my companion. Then I canceled it before adding any families since I did not want to complete setting us up as a companionship. I am a counselor in the EQ but I believe EQ Secretaries have the same access for the Ministering tool.

I did not look down a list, I entered names in the search box. I don't know if that has any bearing on the discussion.
DMLofgreen

Post by DMLofgreen »

I tried as suggested and got a husband/wife companionship. What I could not get was a second brother to be a companion to the husband so he could meet and minister to those they were to be assigned to. We have a lot of seasonal members, and would like to be able to provide some continuity when the husband and wife are gone for the summer. I guess we just have to make this additional companion assignment "off of the books" so we can provide for his type of situation.
Thanks
Dale M. Lofgreen
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

DMLofgreen wrote:I tried as suggested and got a husband/wife companionship. What I could not get was a second brother to be a companion to the husband so he could meet and minister to those they were to be assigned to. We have a lot of seasonal members, and would like to be able to provide some continuity when the husband and wife are gone for the summer. I guess we just have to make this additional companion assignment "off of the books" so we can provide for his type of situation.
Thanks
Dale M. Lofgreen
I don't believe you can have a "trio" for ministering. If you want to have a 3rd person assigned in the system to minister for continuity, you would have to set up two companionships:
One with the husband/wife companionship and another one with the husband and another brother for continuity (if EQ).
You should be able to assign the same families to both companionships.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:You should be able to assign the same families to both companionships.
Can you? I thought that came up before and it was a no-go.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

davesudweeks wrote:I don't believe you can have a "trio" for ministering.
To be clear, you can have 3 brethren or 3 sisters as a ministering companionship but if you have a husband and wife, then you can't add a 3rd.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:You should be able to assign the same families to both companionships.
Can you? I thought that came up before and it was a no-go.
Yes, you can. I just assigned a sister to another companionship (so she had 2 sets of ministering brethren - or more correctly her current married couple ministers and a set of brethren also).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:Yes, you can. I just assigned a sister to another companionship (so she had 2 sets of ministering brethren - or more correctly her current married couple ministers and a set of brethren also).
Ok, that seems to be something new. Although, looking at the dates, the "old" may have been the relabeled HT/VT instead of true ministering. I don't see the changes in the release notes, but there's a few places it might have happened.

Either way, good to know.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

davesudweeks wrote: Yes, you can. I just assigned a sister to another companionship (so she had 2 sets of ministering brethren - or more correctly her current married couple ministers and a set of brethren also).
I just attempted to add a sister to a second companionship and was unable to do so, I get the message
This Household has already been assigned to <companionship>. Saving this assignment will reassign them to this companionship.
I'm guessing that the Married couple Ministers are set up in the Relief Society
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”