Ministering Tool

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
davesudweeks

Re: Ministering Tool

Post by davesudweeks »

I was working in EQ assignments only. Now I'm curious so will try again during my lunch break today.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kd7mha wrote:I'm guessing that the Married couple Ministers are set up in the Relief Society
Married couple ministers can be set up in either Elders Quorum or in Relief Society. The only restriction is the first member of the companionship must be a member of the organization setting up the companionship. For example: when the EQ is setting up the companionship then the first companion selected must be a member of the Elders Quorum before the sister (spouse of the brother) can be added to the companionship.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

kd7mha wrote:
davesudweeks wrote: Yes, you can. I just assigned a sister to another companionship (so she had 2 sets of ministering brethren - or more correctly her current married couple ministers and a set of brethren also).
I just attempted to add a sister to a second companionship and was unable to do so, I get the message
This Household has already been assigned to <companionship>. Saving this assignment will reassign them to this companionship.
I stand corrected as noted above. When I tested this, I did not attempt to "save" the change (as I did not want to save the change). The system allows you to assign someone to another companionship but does not allow you to save that assignment without it releasing them from the other assignment.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

jdlessley wrote:
kd7mha wrote:I'm guessing that the Married couple Ministers are set up in the Relief Society
Married couple ministers can be set up in either Elders Quorum or in Relief Society. The only restriction is the first member of the companionship must be a member of the organization setting up the companionship. For example: when the EQ is setting up the companionship then the first companion selected must be a member of the Elders Quorum before the sister (spouse of the brother) can be added to the companionship.
the context was a married couple AND Ministering Brothers assigned to a sister
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jdlessley wrote:
Out of curiosity, do priesthood office restrictions apply? – for example, normally a deacon can't be given a ministering assignment in the system. If you start a new companionship with the sister, then attempt to add her husband, if the husband has the office of deacon (or no priesthood office), will it let you add him to the companionship?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Out of curiosity, do priesthood office restrictions apply? – for example, normally a deacon can't be given a ministering assignment in the system. If you start a new companionship with the sister, then attempt to add her husband, if the husband has the office of deacon (or no priesthood office), will it let you add him to the companionship?
That would be a really unusual situation. Typically, adult males with any activity level whatsoever would be at least a priest. That includes new converts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Out of curiosity, do priesthood office restrictions apply? – for example, normally a deacon can't be given a ministering assignment in the system. If you start a new companionship with the sister, then attempt to add her husband, if the husband has the office of deacon (or no priesthood office), will it let you add him to the companionship?
I doubt the system would let you add a husband that is not at least a teacher.
GeneMarshall

Post by GeneMarshall »

Even though I see where I'm supposed to be able to add a spouse as a ministering companion to a brother the system only brings up a list of brothern to add as a companion. How do I get to a list of sisters to add?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

it sounds like you are looking in the right place
I just tested to verify

1. the spouse MUST be listed as spouse on the membership record
2. the spouse MUST be the second ministering companion (you cannot add a spouse as a third companion)
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't have access, but I seem to recall you may not be able to pick the name off of a drop-down list, but have to start typing it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”