Making LCR More Flexible for Local Ministering Adaptations

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
gorgando

Making LCR More Flexible for Local Ministering Adaptations

Post by gorgando »

I'm not sure of the best way to suggest improvements to LCR, so I'm posting this idea here. We have varying circumstances in our ward where it would be nice to adapt the ideal of one ministering companion is assigned to one or more sisters/families. However, LCR currently only supports "the ideal" scenario.

A couple hypothetical examples:
(1) One family needs a lot more support right now than two ministering brothers can give. Would be great to assign a third brother who lives next door, or even to assign a second companionship to also minister to this family and give them the additional attention. Currently this must be handled outside of LCR, which complicates things.

(2) For a sister who is tender in the gospel, we would like to get her started ministering. We feel she would greatly benefit from a strong sister companion. The strong sister companion has 4 sisters assigned with her current companion. Rather than give the new sister such a big assignment, it would be nice to assign her to the strong sister as a companion for one of those assignments but let the strong sister retain her previous companion for the other three.

I know that in the back end technology, it's much more complex than I realize, but it would be nice to have flexibility more similar to being able to assign anyone with anyone to anyone because local circumstances and adaptations are needed.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Making LCR More Flexible for Local Ministering Adaptations

Post by rmrichesjr »

If I gather correctly from other discussions of similar suggestions for improvements, the most effective way to get suggestions to come to pass it up the ecclesiastical chain of command: bishop, stake president, and so forth. If enough stake presidents ask for something, that gives it the best chance of happening. The other way to give a suggestion hope of being implemented is to use the Feedback button or link on the website or in the app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gorgando wrote:(1) One family needs a lot more support right now than two ministering brothers can give. Would be great to assign a third brother who lives next door, or even to assign a second companionship to also minister to this family and give them the additional attention. Currently this must be handled outside of LCR, which complicates things.
Please keep in mind that the developers develop the features based on the business rules set down by the Brethren, not the users. It's the church leadership you need to convince.
gorgando wrote:(2) For a sister who is tender in the gospel, we would like to get her started ministering. We feel she would greatly benefit from a strong sister companion. The strong sister companion has 4 sisters assigned with her current companion. Rather than give the new sister such a big assignment, it would be nice to assign her to the strong sister as a companion for one of those assignments but let the strong sister retain her previous companion for the other three.
If I understand correctly, you want one sister to belong to more than one companionship. That may be possible now. I believe it was possible under the old HT/VT system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:If I understand correctly, you want one sister to belong to more than one companionship. That may be possible now. I believe it was possible under the old HT/VT system.
I believe it is possible now (at least it is possible for Elders and I'm sure the Sister's ministering works the same way). I belong to two different ministering companionships with two different elders. Each companionship has different families assigned.
gorgando

Post by gorgando »

Thanks! Guess my second example was a poor. I get the point about the requirements coming from the Brethren and not the end users. I just wasn’t sure the proper way to provide user feedback. Your comments are helpful.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”