Not able to log in to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
FRohana

Not able to log in to LCR

Post by FRohana »

Aloha my name is Francis Chandler Bishop of the Nanakuli Ward. The last couple of days I have not been able to log in to LRC. I have access to everything else except LRC. Help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not able to log in to LCR

Post by russellhltn »

What type of error are you running into?

Have you tried going to the churchofjesuschrist.org and then selecting LCR from the drop down menu? It's possible something has changed and the shortcut you were using no longer works.

Where are you accessing it from? Someone else has reported issues with trying to access it from the church network.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sebastian.buck

Post by sebastian.buck »

Aloha from the other side of the planet (Germany). I have been able to log into LCR just now. So at least this is not a generalized issue. Could you describe (or attach a screenshot) or share what exact error message you see? The church uses single sign-on. That means you log in on any church website and will be automatically logged into any church website you are allowed to have access to. And as a bishop or branch president you of course are allowed to use LCR.

So please share a little more detail about what exactly you see or experience when you try to log in.
jirp

Post by jirp »

When is it happening is another key?

Logging into anything church from about 10 am US mountain standard time to 2:30 pm yesterday was nearly impossible. As best I can tell there are simply too many people trying to use the church system on Sundays during those peak hours. Most Sundays logging on is difficult and even if you can log on many of the functions in clerk and leader ressources return error messages or lock up. Even once I got logged on yesterday entering a baptism took mulitple tries. And 2 weeks ago I couldn't get it to let me change callings as the site kept crashing. Once i got the callings changed the changes didn't stick and I had to redo them later in the week. 2 weeks ago calling support there was a message that played before giving the menus that said they knew they had a problem and were working on it.

As we have tried hotspotting thru a cell phone to bypass all our local providers etc and we still have a problem my guess is that problem is at the church servers and simple overload.

If all your problems happened on a Sunday during peak hours check to see if you still have a problem on a week day.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

On Sunday, June 30, the systems were down most of the day. Even MLS couldn't transmit for awhile. Today, I can get on. However, the usual "timeout" that auto logs me out due to inactivity doesn't seem to be triggering.

As an aside, for some reason the forum decided to start sending me this thread even though I'm not subscribed to it. (I probably am now that I've responded.)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”