"Send a Message" and seminary students

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
wrigjef

"Send a Message" and seminary students

Post by wrigjef »

I know this is an old thread but the subject fits.

Over the last few days I have been asked a number of times to send an email to parents of seminary kids. That’s not an option in send a message so I sent to parents of YW and parents of YM and tell them the message only applies to parents of seminary youth. Is there a better way fo me to contact parents of seminary youth? I’m not fond of auxiliaries or members creating ad-hoc personal distribution lists and would prefer not to do so myself.
davesudweeks

Re: "Send a Message" and seminary students

Post by davesudweeks »

If this is going to be a common request, you might provide feedback from the send a message page and request that functionality. It's my understanding the seminary program is separate so it may not be an easy fix, but I'm not an programmer and have no understanding of the back-office software processes at the church. Feedback will be read and (hopefully) passed on to someone who can investigate the possibility of adding it to the list.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Although the subject fits, the code of conduct encourages "do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread," so I have split this into its own thread.
anesone

Post by anesone »

You could create a list in the "Tools" app (used to be LDS Tools), and add the seminary students' parents. From there you can send a message out to them all.
I know it isn't a desktop/website solution, but it may get you to the same place.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”